Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Snipers at Dallas BLM rally
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

You’re making the classic error of conflating prejudice with racism.

Well semantically they are different but then if you think that that difference is important and as such denudes the importance or relevance of the individual’s experience of other forms of prejudice that arent racially determined then that argument applies equally to islamaphobia or homophobia. But I don’t think that’s what you’re saying. So let’s just agree that prejudice in all forms is wrong and morally repugnant.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well semantically they are different but then if you think that that difference is important and as such denudes the importance or relevance of the individual’s experience of other forms of prejudice that arent racially determined then that argument applies equally to islamaphobia or homophobia. But I don’t think that’s what you’re saying. So let’s just agree that prejudice in all forms is wrong and morally repugnant.

Let’s use reducto ad absurdum to get to the heart of your argument, do you think that your experiences of prejudice compare to those of black slaves in the deep south of America during the 1800’s? And if you do, I assume then that they should have been good, quiet slaves because you also experienced prejudice?

bencooper
    Free Member

Tell you what, though, as member of a minority that only makes up around 10% of the population, I find tangible ways that the world is built to make things harder for me all the time.

It’s tough being left-handed.

geetee1972
    Free Member

do you think that your experiences of prejudice compare to those of black slaves in the deep south of America during the 1800’s

Impossible for me to know since I cannot experience another man’s experience.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Snipers at Dallas BLM rally’ is closed to new replies.