Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Snip tomorrow. Shaving advice.
  • supercyril
    Free Member

Snip tomorrow. How much do I need to shave prior to the op? I don’t want to over do it nor do I want to leave it to a nurse with a rusty bic!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I would go sporting a chinstrap beard

carlosg
    Free Member

unless you’re really hairy don’t bother.

Stoner
    Free Member

slather your meat & two with Immac/Veet
    go for the Duncan Goodhew.

wwaswas

unless you’re really hairy don’t bother.

depends on the surgeon and you don’t want a nurse doing it for you (probably). The letter I got said to have a shave before arrival.

I did take quite a liberal approach to clearing the area and no one pointed or laughed so I guess it was ok.

MadBillMcMad

don’t drive there.

Harry_the_Spider

I didn’t bother.

Prior to the op a bloke that looked a bit like Mr Tumnus came and had a look, then clippered off two areas about the size of a custard cream.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Go for something racy and amusing, give you something to chat to the surgeon about while he has his hands on your nads 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mr Tumnus came and had a look, then clippered off two areas about the size of a custard cream.

Said in an Alan Bennet tome.

snakebite
    Free Member

just cut your your nut hair, easy -s’all I did

Houns

Use mint and tea tree shaving gel

flip
    Free Member

Don’t bother shaving i didn’t.Take note of the waiting room banter, it’s priceless 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

I had an op to remove my gall bladder about 6 years ago. When I woke up I discovered that I’d been partly shaved down there plus a patch at the top of one of my legs (which confused me at the time).
    The thought of a nurse giving me a ‘man shave’ while I was asleep was strangely attractive.
    Leave it and let your imagination run wild 😀

oh wait…. you’re going to be awake while the male nurse sorts you out. Do it yourself!!

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve got an eplilator I could let you borrow. 😈

pop-larkin
    Free Member

As i nearly sliced a block in half i got my missus to shave me..how kinky are we then!!

Tango-Man
    Free Member

Trim, but I get wheeled in for the op to be met by 4 grinning female nurses, I did ask if they volunteered for this sort of job……

Try to avoid infections after, they sting a little

alpin
    Free Member

MTFU….

lunge

I had to do some of mine when I had a hernia op as as I was doing one bit I thought I may as well do it all. Anyway, I found a bog standard Mach 3 the best way, beard clippers first to remove most of it then finish with the razor. I did more damage with the guard on clipper than the razor, it’s suprisingly easy once you get over the fear of having a blade that close.

smoothchicken

Dye your hair green and hang a sign ‘Keep off the grass’

retro83
    Free Member

A word of advice:
    if you’re thinking of using electric hair trimmers, be careful your nut sack is pulled tight. If it’s not, it can slip into the blades. Sounds obvious but I got distracted and trimmed a bit of skin off my giggleberries once.

Alternatively, man up and use a can of lynx and a lighter.

hora
    Free Member

One last shag for the condemned sperm? :mrgreen:

bikebouy
    Free Member

You’ll be hearing lots of loud “thuds” as all your little fellas come up against a bump stop..

We’ll say a prayer for them.

supercyril
    Free Member

Job done. Tidy too. Erred on the side of safety and went that bit higher. Itchy as hell now!
    Little fellas last requests tonight.

druidh
    Free Member

I didn’t and didn’t have to.

timbur
    Free Member

Mmm, that reminds me. Must make a doctors appointment.

bruneep

I got told not to bother, when was laid out on the table ” oh you’ve not shaved, let me do it”said the old hag. A dry shave with a disposable razor is not to be recommend. Then after I was done I’m sure she doused me bollocks with old spice or brut.

Eeeeeeowwwwwwww!

Hadge
    Free Member

Shave em all off – then look at how black your sack goes in a few days – it’s ace! You have to give samples after the op and the women at the desk wasn’t best pleased when I said does it matter if there’s saliva in it :mrgreen:

curvature
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind letting a nurse shave me……

Sorry wrong forum 😀

wolly
    Free Member

Immac +1

emsz
    Free Member

now you know what we have to go through LOL

Cougar

now you know what we have to go through LOL

It’s not quite the same. Maybe if you shaved your elbows.

bruneep

curvature – Member
    Wouldn’t mind letting a nurse shave me……

😯

emsz
    Free Member

eh? elbows?

don’t understand

MoreCashThanDash

Mate of mine sliced his sac open trying to trim prior to the snip – gave the nurses in A&E a laugh. Frankly, I’d expect better hand/eye coordination from a BA pilot…..

If you shave really thoroughly it gives the nurses an interesting opening conversational gambit – apparently 😳

My main advice is to ignore all the heroes who rode home from the op on a rigid SS via Glentress, and rest as long as the nurses tell you, then give it a couple more days. If you knock the scar and reopen it, at best it will be uncomfortable and take longer to heal completely.

And you can reopen the scar through any number of activities…..

slimjim78
    Free Member

this thread has thoroughly cheered me up.

Cougar

eh? elbows?

don’t understand

Similar skin.

emsz
    Free Member

really?

Nice ( and not in a nice way.) LOL

Cougar

Hey! What’re you trying to say about my elbows?

sparksmcguff

If you want a rusty bic they’ll happily supply one, even if you don’t they’ll oblige anyway.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

iMac. The cream, not the desktop.

Don’t do what I do an squeeze the open tube down your leg leaving a nice baldy run down your thigh.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Snip tomorrow. Shaving advice.’ is closed to new replies.