Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sniff!…Sniff!…Sniff!
  • Hohum
    Free Member

Anyone have the displeasure of knowing or having to sit close to somebody who never blows their nose and constantly sniffs?

Talk about bloody annoying! At first I did not realise that this woman had this annoying habit, but a couple of colleagues mentioned her last year and since then my brain has been tuned into the irritating noise that she makes! LOL!

She does not work in the same department as me and she suffers from asthma I believe, she had a bad attack a month ago or so and they had to get the paramedics in, but surely someone in her own team should have a word with her?

One day I will snap, I tell ya!

Drac

Keep farting in front of her, problem solved.

Creg

+1 on the fart approach

Was sat in front of someone on a coach who kept doing it…one seriously eggy fart later all sniffing stopped 😆

elaineanne
    Free Member

Ho Hum- thats alittle tight on your behalf isnt it… poor women has Asthma and your fed up of her sniffling ?????? have you any idea wot Asthma is like..obviously not…. my daughter has had Asthma since birth, shes,s now almost 19…. we have had lots of scares in the past with rushing to hospital and many nites with not mush sleep..and listening to constant coughing /sniffles etc….and your concerened over a woman who sniffles alot….. these people have a weekend immune system and get colds alot and cough more than the average person cos they cant get breathe properly …have a heart for godsake… 😕

enduro-aid
    Free Member

just give her a box of tissues and a packet of anti allegry tabs that should soon clear it all up

Hohum
    Free Member

elaine anne – Member
    Ho Hum- thats alittle tight on your behalf isnt it… poor women has Asthma and your fed up of her sniffling ?????? have you any idea wot Asthma is like..obviously not…. my daughter has had Asthma since birth, shes,s now almost 19…. we have had lots of scares in the past with rushing to hospital and many nites with not mush sleep..and listening to constant coughing /sniffles etc….and your concerened over a woman who sniffles alot….. these people have a weekend immune system and get colds alot and cough more than the average person cos they cant get breathe properly …have a heart for godsake…

Elaine,

My post was made partly as a rant, but also slightly tongue in cheek. Maybe I should have put a smiley or two in it.

Her having asthma is what has stopped me having a word with her manager to be honest.

However, I still think that she should blow her nose a bit more often!

Adam

headfirst
    Free Member

a pack left on her desk?

Drac

I wonder how so many Asthmas sufferers lead such normal lives and don't have to sniff continually.

alpin
    Free Member

i like the idea of that "these people have a weekend immune system". what happens when monday comes around?

sweepy
    Free Member

Id rather someone was sniffing all the time than blowing their nose, blowing is louder, and theres more chance of any germs coming my way. Plus sniffing doesn't require a tissue which then just gets flung in the general direction of the fire spreading germs all across the living room- lazy cow.

clubber
    Free Member

who never blows their nose and constantly sniffs?

That's probably me quite often actually. Narrow right nasal passage (deviated septum) is the cause and there's not much I can do other than have an op which the doc says isn't worth it for the severity that I have (my wife had it much worse (really bad sinus headaches) and had the op but it's only a relatively short term solution) so I haven't.

Blowing my nose does nothing to stop the sniffing and I'm afraid that the sniffing is subconscious so it's hard to stop.

Sure it is annoying though 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Coke habit?

clubber
    Free Member

Well, yes, and that 😉

I am sure there are people who do think that's what it is though.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Well, ol’ Ben Lucas had a lot of mucus
    Comin’ right out of his nose.
    He picked and picked till it made you sick,
    But back again it grows.

When it’s cotton picking time in Texas,
    Boys, it’s booger picking time for Ben.
    He’d raise that finger mean and hostile
    Stick it in that waitin’ nostril,

Here he comes with a green one once again.

All right, pick it, Eric!

Everybody!
    Ol’ Ben Lucas had a lot of mucus
    Comin’ right out of his nose,
    He picked and picked till it made you sick
    But back again it grows.

donks
    Free Member

Our commercial manager (sit behind me) constantly burps and hickups…it's probably some sort of reflux thing but it annoys the shit out of me and everyone else…it's got so bad me and a couple of the lads have discussed giving him a full metal jacket style beating. Trust me 8 hours of this and I'm at the end of my tether.

elaineanne
    Free Member

you shud still have a heart… not her fault she sniffles alot… you cant be on drug tablets constantly (pic as above… inhalers only work to some sort of degree…. depends on the weather (if its freezing-Asthma is very bad)….live with sniffles… Allergies is another thing, asthma can be very bad also…. is there a 'live-in cat' at your works by any chance ? we live in the wrong country ( warm dry air is wot we need)…. damp climate/pollutuion/allergies is to blame (not the people.. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sniff!…Sniff!…Sniff!’ is closed to new replies.