Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sniffing!!
  • tthew

There’s an office visitor sitting opposite me today, working with a more regular visitor. First time she’s been here, and has been sniffing for 45 minutes since I got in.

1. Just tell her to blow her nose.
    2. Get a tissue from the kitchen, hand it to her in a passive aggressive manner.
    3. Whinge to a large bunch of mainly unknown strangers on the internet, and ultimately do nothing about it.

Or any better ideas, but be aware if it involves an open bladed knife, I’m going to have to write a pretty stringent risk assessment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sniff yourself, as soon as you hear her sniff.

globalti
    Free Member

Say loudly: “Bad luck! Got a cold?” and hand her a box of tissues. It can’t cause offence.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

Sniff yourself, as soon as you hear her sniff.

I reckon a good tut would be better – if her sniffing doesn’t bother her it’s likely someone else’s won’t.

Wait until they both go off to get a coffee put a box of tissues on their desk. Be in the loo when they return.

scaredypants

ask if she’s got any spare coke ?

or just say “blow?” and see what she says

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Megadeth/Boyzone/Wagner* on the stereo, loud enough to drown it out.

* whatever’s least popular with the sniffer.

I’ve got a sniffer here, too, only mine is also fond of sounding off about ‘big government’ and ‘big pharma’ and ‘big banks’ and similar stuff, so it’s quite hard to hear the sniff around the massive chip. Headphones are the only realistic answer for me. FWIW in the time its taken to type this I counted eight annoyingly loud sniffs.

or just say “blow?” and see what she says

oh, chapeau

hairylegs
    Free Member

3. Whinge to a large bunch of mainly unknown strangers on the internet, and ultimately do nothing about it.

^^^This^^^ 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

This her?

sc-xc

I move around at work, occasionally sit near a guy who does that throaty sniff (top of mouth, we used to call it shot dragging) every few minutes.

I’m astonished that the 10 or so people around him seem oblivious.

wwaswas

the 10 or so people around him seem oblivious.

Every single one of them is on a different forum, seething.

tthew

Wagner

I’m pretty sure she’s German, might be interpreted as a friendly gesture.

She actually looks quite like Dame Sarah Storey.

onandon
    Free Member

For every sniff, burp into you mouth and blow it at them.

boblo
    Free Member

Hong Kong Phueyesque Karate chop to the back of the neck whilst screaming a slightly racist ‘Hai Ya!’?

pocpoc
    Free Member

I had one of these sat opposite me recently. It didn’t hugely bother me but it really bothered the woman behind him. They sit with their backs to each other so it was hilarious watching her get more tense and stressed everytime it happened.
    But, she was never going to say anything so I had to step up.
    I did it in the most subtle of Yorkshire ways:
    Step 1 – wait for the sniff
    Step 2 – “Will you go any blow your bloody nose and stop sniffing!”

It worked 😀
    Luckily it’s a good enviroment in our office so we can get away with being direct about things.

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno why people think blowing one’s nose is a solution to this problem. If your nose is oozing mucus, then blowing it doesn’t help any longer than sniffing does. But all the mucus ends up on the outside, on tissues and on hands.

It’s not like people are moving the same single piece of snot up and down all the time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sniffing!!’ is closed to new replies.