Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • SNES Classic
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Why doesn’t everyone just get a Raspberry Pi?

Toasty

Because I want a tiny, polished, Nintendo box. I also have a Pi, which requires a lot more faffing, configuring controllers in stacks of emulators, trying to set up shutdown scripts so you don’t kill the sdcard. Even buying 2 decent Buffalo SNES pads would be £40, the Pi would be £31, the case another fiver, another fiver for a 16gb SD card.

It’s probably the same reason people buy a £250 dropper post, when they’d get more adjustability, less weight, less cost, just by stopping and adjusting the QR 😛

gnusmas

Popped into my local Game this morning, they had 2 left to pre-order in store. I had money on a game gift card from xmas so now they have one 😀

According to them, each store has an allocation that is seperate to the website and even though the website has sold out some shops still have some pre-orders left.

Missed out on the NES classic so really want this one.

timb34
    Free Member

I was looking at this and thinking that I already can play those games on an emulator (I already have two USB SNES-style gamepads) then I looked at the list f included gamest…

StarFox 2 is included.

Oooo

jp-t853

If stocks disappear like the nes did an alternative to the raspberry pi route is to put homebrew on a nintendo wii. You can download the games or buy a sd card with 6000+ nintendo games for £15 off ebay. Handheld controllers that plug in to the wii remote are cheap and great as you are not restricted to a short cable.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Argos now out of stock allocation. Asking for a friend, any other stockists with stock?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Argos cancelled my order

redthunder
    Free Member

No. I suggest an emulator 🙂

http://emulator.online/snes/tetris-dr-mario/

redthunder
    Free Member
    nash

Try offline – I managed to get one at a Game store.

I’ve also read online that there’s going to be more available than with the NES mini so more should be coming available as they drip feed them.

chestrockwell

Just get megadrive classics on PS2 then play them on your early PS3 like I do. Sonic and streets of rage 2 FTW.

eskay

I was a Sega player but liked the look of the mini SNES then did a speculative Sega search and found this, I will get one this week. I still have all of my old cartridges and this comes with 80 games as well!

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3816789

domwells27
    Free Member

Tesco taking pre-orders, in stock as we speak.

Go, go, go!

kayla1
    Free Member

You all know you can download an emulator and the ROMs (including loads of rare stuff!) legally now, right? And that SF Alpha 2 beats the pants off Turbo? Right?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_cMvmzNRYQ[/video]

redthunder
    Free Member

You all know you can download an emulator and the ROMs (including loads of rare stuff!) legally now, right? And that SF Alpha 2 beats the pants off Turbo? Right?

I’ve been trying to tell them that as well 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

Here you go, 3000-odd ROMS 😀 Fill yer boots!

https://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/5

Looks like the SF games aren’t in that list though 😕 They were a few months ago.

zilog6128

back in stock online at Game, £79.99 though

EDIT: all gone now. didn’t take long 😯

redthunder
    Free Member

@kayla1

You won’t win ;-). They are impervious to emulation on the PC.

Toasty

The SNES/NES Minis are still emulators anyway*. Just nicely setup ones.

My 2 orders were cancelled. Bit cross with Argos if I’m honest, I ordered as soon as the preorders appeared, at like 7am. It seems pretty random who kept them.

Still hunting for another.

* http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-at-the-hardware-behind-the-nes-classic-edition/ – NES Mini there if you’re curious, similar internals to a cheap Android device.

eskay

I looked into the MegaDrive version but the controllers were infra-red and needed to be line-of-sight to work. I had a Raspberry Pi delivered yesterday and set it up last night (which was very easy) and had a quick blast on Micro Machines before I got kicked off of the TV.

I was able to use a PS3 controller (USB but you can set them up to work over Bluetooth).

I will download a couple of SNES Roms next and give them a go.

The software (RetroPie) looks very well written.

kayla1
    Free Member

Ooh… You can run MAME on that RetroPie thinger, is that right?

redthunder
    Free Member

The only emulated telly plugin I bought was the Sensible Soccer NES many moons ago. Sadly no one will play me any more 🙁

Tell us more about the Raspberry PI rig Eskay.

eskay

kayla1 – Member

Ooh… You can run MAME on that RetroPie thinger, is that right?

Yes

Emulators

zilog6128

Awesome, just got a text from Argos saying mine’ll be delivered on the 29th, which is great cos a) I’d forgotten all about it and b) I never got a confirmation email in the first place so was unsure whether it had gone through or not!

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

To be honest I’d rather have an old one with an SD2SNES or just emulate it (and MAME, NES, Megadrive etc.) with a Wii. The SNES Classic is just emulation after all. Yes you wouldn’t get an HDMI socket but the original SNES and Wii put out RGB which is just as good for a 240 signal.

bamboo
    Free Member

Got my text from Argos today too. Going to get a few beers and beer snacks in this Friday night and break out the SNES!

kerley
    Free Member

Got my text too along with my draft eBay listing. Doesn’t look like I will be making much from it though as a lot of listings for £100 so not my route to being a millionaire.

zilog6128

To be honest I’d rather have an old one with an SD2SNES or just emulate it (and MAME, NES, Megadrive etc.) with a Wii.

nah, if I had any interest in doing it that way I’d be doing it already! SNES Classic is cheap, easy… just turn up round someone’s house, bang it in the HDMI & you’re playing Super Mario Kart with proper controllers! It’s not like I’m going to be sitting at home playing it on my own that much. Plus, if I get bored of it, just sell it on eBay for a profit. Literally no downside 🙂

Anyhoo, it’s just turned up!!!

somafunk

Damn, completely forgot about this, Can’t find one anywhere for less than £130 (bloody shysters on eBay) which is annoying as it would be the perfect gift for my bro’s xmas, does anyone know of a shop that has stock?

zilog6128

no chance sadly, pre-orders sold out within a few days back in July!

gnusmas

Argos have it listed on their site, some stores have stock so you might be lucky.

Catalogue number 736/6077

parling
    Free Member

Prime now had them this morning

andysmiff1
    Free Member

I was watching here:

Stock Finder

After missing out on a preorder – managed to fine one in a local Argos. Wasn’t listed online or via the Argos app as in stock tho – so quickly drove there!

All set up – it’s like being back in ‘93!

A

mechanicaldope

Had one turn up in the post this morning. Apparently my wife ordered one months ago but he’s not letting me have it!!!! Apparently she ordered it for the kids for Christmas! Boo!!!!

jimdubleyou

Should be one waiting for me when I get home…

Otherwise, I’m picking up a pre-order from the arse end of nowhere (Brent Cross) later.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘SNES Classic’ is closed to new replies.