Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • SNES Classic
  • finbar
    Free Member

Has anyone else pre-ordered one?

I managed to get one from Nintendo in the half-hour window they had them in stock yesterday afternoon. So excited! I really hope they honour it. I’m not sure what game I’ll play first – probably F-Zero for some quick thrills followed by Zelda.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

very nice, how much are they, and do they include
    yoshi island, super mario world, sf2 turbo, mariokart

could be tempted if so

richmtb

Tried and failed.

Hopefully they actually make enough to meet demand this time.

Mini NES are still changing hands on ebay for upwards of £200

richmtb

do they include

YES!

linky

finbar
    Free Member

Yeah, hopefully the pre-order thing is just everyone getting carried away and there’ll be loads in stock come September 29th. But Nintendo have apparently said they only plan to manufacture it until the end of the year.

Yep, yep, yep and yep!

disco_stu
    Free Member

Yes, missed the first round of pre-orders on Game and Amazon but snagged one on the Nintendo website yesterday.

I look forward to resuming the battles of years gone by on Mario Kart with my brother. The only other game I’d have liked to have seen included is Pilotwings as I loved that game.

finbar
    Free Member

Unirally would have been amazing too, and NBA Jam.

jabbi
    Free Member

Mario World, Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 Turbo! Just those 3 are worth £70/80 to me! I really hope I can get hold of one of these, I’ll be disappointed if they limit production like the mini NES.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hopefully they actually make enough to meet demand this time.

Just to remind you, this is Nintendo we’re talking about.

Oh, and don’t forgot to order your AC adapters.

*Please note: an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

kerley
    Free Member

Mario World, Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 Turbo! Just those 3 are worth £70/80 to me! I really hope I can get hold of one of these, I’ll be disappointed if they limit production like the mini NES.

I would probably buy it just for Mario Kart. Does seem odd that a company would bother to make it but then not make enough of them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Does seem odd that a company would bother to make it but then not make enough of them.

They do it every. single. time.

I used to think it was to increase exclusivity, but now I just think they are terrible at logistics.

LMT
    Free Member

Yep, I use a gaming forum, of the guys spotted it on Amazon first, quite a few forumites got the first wave of pre-orders.

Fairly happy as my last few zelda breath of the wild amiibo arrived today 🙂

KidCragg
    Free Member

I bag a pre order on the nintendo site.

Well excited, more so as the SNES was my first console and loved starwing / Mario kart et al.

Super mario world is, imo, the greatest mario game!

Shame to miss out on pilotwings, NBA jam TE and I’ll add sunset riders to the list.

Great news that it comes with 2 controllers and longer controller cables (5ft vs the 3ft one on the NES mini)

leegee

Secret of Mana, I’d get one just for that.

Toasty

Preorders sold out everywhere again. Getting a bit cross with Nintendo’s complete inability to meet demand, on everything they make. Even now both versions of the Switch are sold out on Amazon…

I’d have had a NES Mini too if they’d not been so hard to source., instead I’m just using a Raspberry Pi full of games, not sure how anyone benefits from this.

jekkyl

why not just buy the original thing on ebay?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

what about a raspberry pi running RetroPie
    https://retropie.org.uk/

eltonerino
    Free Member

Had the SNES and Mega Drive out of the attic last week. I have lost the RF cables 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

why not just buy the original thing on ebay?

Usually because you run into legacy issues with cables/adapters and the like.

somafunk

Is there any sites still thing pre-orders for the mini-snes? , it’d be ideal for my bro’s xmas present.

zilog6128

Usually because you run into legacy issues with cables/adapters and the like.

shouldn’t be a problem with any console that uses RCA cables, cost would be prohibitive for originals of all those games though! Plus there is the ballache factor!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Maybe I’m missing this, but it doesn’t come with any games that I can see- they all need to be bought separately. No?

zilog6128

No 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

SNES CLASSIC MINI GAMES LIST – ALL 21 GAMES WITH THE SUPER NINTENDO CLASSIC MINI

• Contra III: The Alien Wars™

• Donkey Kong Country™

• EarthBound™

• Final Fantasy III

• F-ZERO™

• Kirby™ Super Star

• Kirby’s Dream Course™

• The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™

• Mega Man® X

• Secret of Mana

• Star Fox™

• Star Fox™ 2

• Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

• Super Castlevania IV™

• Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®

• Super Mario Kart™

• Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™

• Super Mario World™

• Super Metroid™

• Super Punch-Out!!™

• Yoshi’s Island™

codybrennan
    Free Member

Ah, fantastic!!

jamj1974

I got one for me my retro game loving boys… I have a lot of the games still and an original console, as well as Virtual Console versions, but even so – still loving the idea of playing it.

disco_stu
    Free Member

what about a raspberry pi running RetroPie
    https://retropie.org.uk/

I’ve got one and it’s ok, doesn’t quite have the plug and play aspect that the SNES mini will have, no config issues, memory card corruption to worry about and most importantly no SNES shaped box next to the TV.

acidchunks

• Final Fantasy III

Aw ****, now i want one. 🙁

RustySpanner

Secret of Mana!
    Probably my favourite ever game.

Brilliant collection, needs Super Aleste and 4 player Bomberman though.

🙂

Toasty
    zilog6128

Nice one! Ordered. 😀

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Result. Thanks for the Argos tip

richmtb

Nice one. Ordered, lets hope I actually get it

richmtb

Nice one. Ordered, lets hope I actually get it twice

chomp
    Free Member

grabbed one from argos as well – thanks for the heads up as I’d resigned myself to trying to find one on ebay.

Going to struggle to keep it boxed until xmas . . .

kerley
    Free Member

Ordered from Argos too. Guessing the money has come out of my account already only to get it returned on 29th September when they have no stock.

I may have just lent Argos £70 for 3 months…

kerley
    Free Member

jimdubleyou

Cheers for the Argos tip. I had pre-ordered from Smyths Toys but for pick up.

I guess I have two now 🙂

Toasty

I ordered 2. The NES Classic is worth a load now, boxed as new. Nintendo have said they’re making more of these, but 3 months on and they still haven’t got any Switch stock at Amazon/Argos etc. I’m sceptical they’ll manage it.

the-muffin-man

Thought about ordering one, then decided I have enough tat in the attic!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘SNES Classic’ is closed to new replies.