Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sneaky weasels – online banking
  • servo
    Free Member

I have a credit card account that I want to close. The company is a big bank beginning with B 😉

Logged onto my account and went to send a secure message. Chose the title of the message from the pull down list as “Close my account”.

Tried on 3 days last week and got an error saying “Secure messaging not working please phone us up”.

Tried several goes each time with same error.

After last attempt on Friday I changed the title to “General Enquiries” and said in the message I wanted to close my account and the message went straight away 👿

Looks like they have a little switch in the software that won’t send the message if it has title “Close my account”.

Glad I’m leaving them now.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Barclays are shite.

Sundayjumper

So when presented with the message “Secure messaging not working please phone us up”, instead of phoning them up you continued trying to use the thing you’d just been told wasn’t working ?

servo
    Free Member

So when presented with the message “Secure messaging not working please phone us up”, instead of phoning them up you continued trying to use the thing you’d just been told wasn’t working ?

I did, they were fibbing 🙁

julians
    Free Member

you didnt notice the big banner at the top of the page after you log in stating that the secure messaging functionality is experiencing difficulties then?

TBH I dont know why they dont just disable the secure messaging functionality as its been broken for ages now.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

There was a bank in Ireland (…. ) where the back-room boffins managed to corrupt the password store.

To quietly circumvent all that noisy broo-har-har that goes with banking and rubbishness, they simply took the very next password as entered by the user as gospel and used it to recreate the password file.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sneaky weasels – online banking’ is closed to new replies.