Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Snapped XT Clutch lever
  • justinbieber

I was out last night and when I got back to the car I noticed the clutch lever on my XT mech had snapped off. The clutch was on and still working, but now I can’t turn it off.

Has anyone had this happen before and is it a warranty job or just wear and tear?

daver27
    Free Member

the fact its not snapped when you turned it on and is now broken points to an impact of some sort (rock, branch, random bit of bracken) rather than it breaking in your hand would probably negate any warranty.
    Worth asking in your local shop if they have any broken mechs you could rob the lever off as they are bound to have something kicking around.

justinbieber

Hmm… yeah, I did think that at first, but it’s fairly tucked out of the way and I don’t recall hitting anything last night

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah it must just have exploded of it’s own account 🙂 raid a spare one from a snapped mech (beg/borrow) or if it’s on just leave it on. What a strange idea being able to turn it off.

justinbieber

ha! It makes it easier to get the rear wheel out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah, I prefer the sram solution of a pin to hold it out the way but never forget to turn it back on again.

Mugboo

I’ve recently broken the clutch in mine (it went back to Merlin), a mates brink a couple and I’ve read about a few more so if you post up a wanted ad or ask in your LBS there should be plenty of spare levers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Snapped XT Clutch lever’ is closed to new replies.