Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Snapped shadow XTR mech – any hope
  • jonb
    Free Member

Not sure what happened it was a rough but flat piece of trail and it seems to have decided life was too much. Ruined my plans for a long ride.

It snapped on the part that joins the main body to the mech hanger. There's a large torx bolt so it looks like it might be replacable. Anyone know if it is. Part looks very similar but not the same as my SLX so are they interchangeable.

I liked having bling but it seems far too fragile given how it broke. Not paying £100+ for a new one as I've only had it 12 months. Think I'll stick to XT if I can't fix it.

nasher
    Free Member

My biggest gripe about shadow rear mechs.

They designed a mech for a problem that dosent occur that often (i.e mechs main body being hit and subsequently breaking) to a slim weak design that cannot withstand the common problems of twigs and rocks going in between the spokes and mechs and simply mangling it to pieces.

The old design and SRAM ones are much stronger and can be bashed back into shape…yes they will take out your hanger but thats what is meant to happen.

jonb
    Free Member

Think I might take the 40g and keep the money. I assume these are the older design you speak of. (in xt form)

ojom
    Free Member

What you dont want to do is break the cage on an XX mech….

£180 retail. That's right. £180 for the carbony bit and 2 jockey wheels.

Just ordered 2 for a customer…. ouch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Snapped shadow XTR mech – any hope’ is closed to new replies.