Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Snapped my frame today..
  • jaysimp93
    Free Member

2014 Giant Stance
    Bought from Giant Normanton (Mid December)
    Problems so far:

Crank screw self extracting itself constantly
    Seat post QR Snapped due to flimsy build quality

oh and today to top off my great experience….

A snapped frame (Chainstay- just after weld in corner)
    Cant upload pictures right away but will if anyone wants a ganders.

One plus- Got given a Trance to ride until I’m given a new frame. Looks like its Woburn on Saturday again..

z1ppy

Sounds like a complete result, assuming Giant are looking @ a warranty replacement?

jaysimp93
    Free Member

He was pretty good to be fair, said itll be sent for an inspection as its still a brand new model.
    I may be the first snapper of the stance?! Woo

But he said expect a new frame, and anything else affected by the grind to a halt..luckily I didnt fall (right outside a school at half 3 this afternoon!

jaysimp93
    Free Member

I’d say it was a result too, no more scratched top tube, for a while, anyway.

z1ppy

opps for some reason I read it as an much older model, I’m not up the giant range, really annoying on a newish bike but at least Giant are quite good with their warranties (Not that there should be any doubt in this case)

jaysimp93
    Free Member

Yeah new bike for 2014, I’m buzzing to ride this Trance though..off out on it now!

warpcow
    Free Member

So it snapped at the bit that’s supposed to flex?

cakefacesmallblock

Isn’t the Stance the new bike with a shock, but no pivots at the chain stays ?

Always been a fan of maestro rear suspension Giants, but frankly couldn’t work out how the Stance could ever work properly.

bigrich

i)Tighten it up properly

ii)Tighten it up properly

iii)Excellent warranty service

cokie

Interesting. I’ve never seen the Stance.
    Looks like a lower cost middle brother between the Anthem and Trance.

I think the design could be used for the anthem too.
    Point 1 is the interesting bit.

AlexSimon

I never even twigged that there wasn’t a pivot on the stance.
    Nothing in the design looks particularly flexy either – compared to the old Spearfish for example.

jaysimp93
    Free Member

Rich, I’ve even had a friend whos a full time cycle shop guy to look over it, to correct torque etc, still coming loose.

jaysimp93
    Free Member

What everyone was waiting for:

Yeah, its an entry level bike, £1000, Trances little bro.
    I can also confrim the trance they give me as a courtesy/demo bike is FUDGING AMAZING, cant fault it, feels like a much sturdier bike, but so nimble at the same time.

tthew

Mat of mine bought an peculiar Giant hardtail frame, carbon top half and aluminium bottom. Cheap as chips, end of line. After about 18 months it failed at the bond, but in the mean time he’d lost the receipt and the shop had gone bust.

Giant replaced it with a full carbon, brand new frame anyway.

Another 18 months later, in Bulgaria that frame snapped near the rear drop out.

Giant replaced it with a full carbon, brand new frame anyway.

Giant warrantees, are blinking amazeballs.

jaysimp93
    Free Member

Thats good to hear guys, because when it first happened I had that sick to my stomach feeling, the hire trance has soon removed that feeling though.

bigrich

my mate snapped a 26″ anthem.

giant had no replacement frames.

so they gave him a new full carbon 29″, new american classic wheels, and fox forks.

he was satisfied.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Snapped my frame today..’ is closed to new replies.