• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Snapped Fox Talas 36 bottom stud – options?
  • jakd95
    Free Member

While reassembling my Fox Talas R 36 forks after replacing the seals I managed to snap the stud on the end of the right leg (the Talas side) completely off level with the bottom of the fork while putting the nut back on (not over torqued) 🙁 What are my options now in terms of fixing this? Can the whole Talas cartridge thingy be replaced? As it doesn’t look like the stud is a seperate thing. I’ve looked at converting them to Floats but there only appears to be kits for the 150/160mm forks and these are 140, anyone know if the 140s can be converted to Floats? Really rather annoyed at myself right now..

honourablegeorge

Someone I know (cough) did the aame to a set of 32s – Fox service bloke was able to replace just the rod that ha been sheared, didn’t need to do the entire cartridge, so ended up much cheaper than expected. Would imagine the 36 is the same deal, esp. on the Air/Talas side.

banks
    Free Member

Got a 36 talas cart for sale – 160/130/100 if it helps

jakd95
    Free Member

I’ll take it into the bike shop then and see if they can do anything with it. If the stud can be replaced then that would be good as apposed to the whole Talas cartridge. Thanks for the offer banks but these are 140/120/100 forks.

Lummox

Had a 32 repaired after I did the same. Cheap repair- almost as if they built it in at the design stage 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Talas side needs a lower talas assembly and rebuild of spring system.
    Damper side depends on damper system but usually just a base valve or adjusters assm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Snapped Fox Talas 36 bottom stud – options?’ is closed to new replies.