Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Snapped Forca seat post. With happy ending i think.
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Bought a Forca posts Oct 2011, came in a couple of days.
    Got a bit sitcky a couple of time took it apart cleaned and Greased it.
    Work great again.
    put it down and couldn’t get i back up.
    Took it apart and it had snapped. 🙁
    Emailed wavers24 and no answer.
    Emailed Forca and they said send it to us and we will try and fix it.
    Posted it to Germany for £6
    No word from Forca in 4 weeks
    Email today from wavers24 saying the have sent out a new post! 🙂

Will let you know when it arrives.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting one of these so that’s good news 🙂

wwaswas

looking at getting one of these so that’s good news

although being without a seatpost for over a month is probably not that good 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

although being without a seatpost for over a month 4 months is probably not that good

This was the seat post from my winter HT, so just stuck a no dopper post on it, so not a big deal really 🙂

Got a Gravity Dropper on my FS so all good there 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

This was the seat post from my winter HT, so just stuck a no dopper post on it, so not a big deal really

Got a Gravity Dropper on my FS so all good there

so the more expensive item has been more reliable and would have kept you riding, whereas the cheaper copy failed quickly and took ages to be replaced.
    Possibly a lesson buried in there somewhere.

superfli
    Free Member

I’m surprised they didnt ask to see photo evidence of you Scott:

smiff
    Free Member

patronise much, crashtestmonkey?

scott, hey! sorry been off flirting with other trails etc, but now sun is out, QE will be back on the agenda 🙂
    See you and superfli over there soon.

btw always like bent post / happy ending stories. need a new one too, Joplin got to go back for 3rd time this week and wrong size for my new frame anyways.

looks like you put on weight in France 😉

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I’ve had mine about two months now and it’s “a bit sticky”. It goes down OK but I have sort of grab it with my thighs and help it back up into position when it’s supposed to spring back up.

What are any Forca owners cleaning/lubing it with?

scottfitz
    Free Member

so the more expensive item has been more reliable and would have kept you riding, whereas the cheaper copy failed quickly and took ages to be replaced.
    Possibly a lesson buried in there somewhere.

Yep the lesson is have the forca on your cheap HT and the GD on your expensive FS.

Was very impressed with the forca performance and even more impressed they are sending me a new one.

If you have a budget bike and you want a bought post, them you can’t go far wrong with one of these or a taildrop jobby.

I would say if you bike is worth over £800 its worth investing a “better” more expensive post.

scottfitz
    Free Member

scott, hey! sorry been off flirting with other trails etc, but now sun is out, QE will be back on the agenda
    See you and superfli over there soon.

see you soon buddy.

theotherjonv

Sadly, my experience has been less good. I had contact with the manufacturer who asked what piece I needed and I haven’t heard back since i responded.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/forca-seatpost

scottfitz
    Free Member

keep bugging them theotherjonv you never know might send you out a new one.
    Just counted took me 11 emails so far.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

patronise much, crashtestmonkey?

not really, but if highlighting the fact that waiting 4 weeks and sending 11 emails to get a cheap part fixed is not really good news or service, and you are over-sensitive enough to leap to your mate’s defence then yes consider it patronising. GD have a terrific reputation for customer support, on top of having a good reliability record on a product thats been around years. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

To the OP, why not just swap the GD between bikes? Like you I’ve got a nice FS and a “winter” HT (which has slowly become better specced since I got it 🙄 …) and that’s exactly what I do with my GD. I get your point that if someone is on a budget with a budget bike they might want to consider the forca, just curious why you (who by the sounds of it isn’t) did?

smiff
    Free Member

yep also got the nice FS+simple HT, but my HT is 27.2

never heard of Forca, everyone knows Joplin unreliable, Reverb are good but expensive + 30.9-31.6 only. if mechanical posts fit 27.2, i could shim to use with any bike? and swapping ain’t a bad idea since you also get the same saddle :). might be the way to go, except shims not good for frames are they? all this oil and air is too much for a seatpost imho.

this the one to get?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30188

costs almost as much as a reverb! hrm the temptation to get a clone..
    will call on-one to see if shims kill the warranty.

Del

reverbs don’t come in 27.2
    GD (still ) appears to be the one.

smiff
    Free Member

yeah Del just edited my post thanks, i’m looking at GD, just hard to accept nearly £200 over £200 😯 for something so simple. and tbh, quite ugly :p guess i’ll have to suck it up. can’t keep doing the sending it back thing, even if 2pure (Crank Bros UK) are helpful, and they have been, keeping on repairing it out of warranty no quibbles. Forca, may have just been a bad one, but GD are proven now.

docrobster
    Free Member

Ha I’ve had my forca in bits today.
    I’d just got round to putting it back on the bike after replacing the seat clamp through bolt which had snapped, so I thought I’d get it in bits and give it some lovely grease to get it moving smoothly again as it had got a bit sticky.
    Replaced the cable as it was corroded. No probs.
    Took it all to bits had the spring out etc.
    The spring was very rusty as it was wrapped in a bit of plastic presumably to quieten it but it just trapped water around the spring.
    Anyhow took it all apart and cleaned and regreased it thoroughly, popped it back together and on the bike.
    I don’t know whether I wound too much tension into the spring or whether it was just being greased properly but it worked really well, for about 5 minutes, then it worked too well and the spring fired the top of the post up against the insides and snapped the top out parts inside the collar so now completely fecked.
    Gonna have to email wavers24 again to see if he will send me the little plastic bits.
    Next time I’ll get an X fusion Hilo I think…..

seavers
    Free Member

I bought a Forca variant called the Traildrop for £90. I think it a GD copy.

It’s not a bad effort, only used it on a handful of rides so far but all have been very muddy and wet. It comes with a boot which is a must for a post like this.

It’s just not a very smooth thing to operate, you really have to get the knack of it but at the end of the day it works. My only thing with it is getting it back up to the full position. I usually have to give it a little pull to get it to click in to position. I’m going to strip it and give it a good grease. It may just be bedding in.

Think they are just 27.2 though unless you shim.

smiff
    Free Member

http://www.bigmassive.co.uk/

way better price, only 3.5″ drop, sold out again!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Happy ending! 🙂

Got a new seat post from wavers24 yesterday. 🙂

To anyone still trying to get a problem sorted keep bugging the and good luck.

colournoise

seavers – Member
    I’m going to strip it and give it a good grease. It may just be bedding in.

Best thing you can do. Make sure you also open up the bottom and take the spring out and clean/grease that section too – my spring had a plastic sleeve around it that was doing nothing but trapping dirt and moisture.

Had my Forca for 6 months now – just had its 3rd strip down (takes about 15 minutes each time) and is smoother than ever.

slainte 😀 rob

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Snapped Forca seat post. With happy ending i think.’ is closed to new replies.