Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Snapped a spoke
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

Never done this before, I don’t even know when I did it, probably jumping at Dalby this week. Has anyone found 29er spokes snap spokes more than 26ers?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Maybe

hanchurch
    Free Member

In 20 years I’ve never snapped a spoke on a 26″ wheel.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheBrick
    Free Member

You’ve been lucky!

ajantom

I had one go on the back of my 26er hardtail a few weeks ago. I then trued it quickly at the trailside and promptly forgot about it until I was unloading it from the car yesterday. Must put a new one in whilst I remember!
    I’ve also been riding my Pompino with a spoke missing from the back wheel for 2 years. I can’t get the freewheel off to sort it, and to be honest the wheel (which is 700c/29″) is plenty strong anyway!
    So no proof either way there I’m afraid 😉

munkyboy
    Free Member

Broke two today. Broken many in the past. I am light too. Which suggests I am a bumbling idiot and bash through stuff with no finesse whatsoever..

nikk
    Free Member

Where are they breaking?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Has anyone found 29er spokes snap spokes more than 26ers?

I’m not sure anyone has done any conclusive studies, it’s up there on the list though just after does it hurt more to kick a wall with your left or tight foot…

Snapped plenty of 26″ spokes in my time, think I was down to 27/32 in the rear last time it went bad.

drofluf
    Free Member

Where are they breaking?

I think the OP said Dalby? 🙂

I’ll get my coat…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Snapped a spoke’ is closed to new replies.