Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Snap purchase
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I just bought some of those Northwave winter road cycling boots. On sale.

Feel a bit nervous about impulse buys like that..!

spindi
    Free Member

Wait till the snow kicks in. I always thought they looked like a good idea.

molgrips
    Free Member

If it snows I’m certainly not going out on the road bike!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I just bought some of the Shimano Gore-Tex ones from Wiggle (They had a 24hr offer on them, £88). I wore them last night. Bloody hell they’re warm! I’ll try thinner socks next time I think!
    Nice shoes though, very comfy.

How much for the NWs Molgrips?

molgrips
    Free Member

£75.. another thing that makes me nervous is that I’ve no idea if it was a good deal or not! Reduced from £100. In East St Cycles of Farnham.

I have some of the original plastic non-goretex Shimano ones for MTB which are indeed very warm but not ideal for several reasons – they are really bulky, making me look like an old lady with fat ankles; and there’s naff all grip on the front of the shoes – no studs either, which is daft as it tends to be muddy in winter.

So I want to get some more mtb ones too. They had the North wave MTB ones which looked good but the sole is as stiff as road shoes.

IanB
    Free Member

I thought you’d got the hang of impulse buying by now? 😉

// need some new winter boots myself – my W102’s are cream crackered now. Wasn’t that impressed with how fast they wore out.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Duh! I didn’t read the ‘road’ bit on your OP. 😳

Whaddya need studs for anyway? You should be riding, not walking! 😉

East St is a good shop though. My LBS of choice round here.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought you’d got the hang of impulse buying by now?

What?! What’ve I impusle bought lately? Apart from that Patriot in 2007…

I went in for a helmet. I left mine at home this week (d’oh) but I’ve been meaning to replace it for ages since it’s not comfortable. So I thought it’d be a good time to upgrade.

IanB, the Northwave ones look nice. Fairly wide too.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I just saw some Schwalbe spiked snow tyres at my LBS when I picked up some tubes/lube. Tempting…

molgrips
    Free Member

Do it!

They hang around in your garage for 11.5 months, then when it snows or ices up you get them out and ride all over the place like nothing’s happened 🙂

My Nokians from when I was in Finland come out a few times a year, and were on the bike for weeks last year – largely for road riding. You don’t have to worry about hitting a patch of ice.

IanB
    Free Member

What?! What’ve I impusle bought lately?

I wasn’t thinking recently, more historically – not for me to judge though, really. Is MrsGrips about 😉

I didn’t read the road bit either – don’t have a road bike, so would need the off road equivalent.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Snap purchase’ is closed to new replies.