Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Snakes on a trail
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Almost ran over an adder today on Blanchland Moor (County Durham). I’d never seen one before, and it was kind of cool.

neilb67
    Free Member

Same here, never come across one before but riding the old railway return at Afan looked up and saw one slip into the grass. I guess it was about 2 foot long and Im not sure which one of us was most surprised… 🙂

nukeproof
    Free Member

Nearly ran my first one over last weekend up next to the cricket pitch at Coldharbour…in 15+ years of riding had never seen one.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The one we saw was only about a foot, so i’m guessing it was a youngster. It was fairly orange too so might have been a female – well, that is what my google-fu has dug up. Nippy little blighters.

scaredypants

nearly ran over a rattlesnake in california once 😯

and a tarantula

djc1245
    Free Member

Just missed a grass snake on Saturday. They can certainly move when they need to, was gone before i could get my camera out. First one i’ve seen for years. Saw a sloworm last week in the same area.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I see lots of adders on the Chase.. 2 here taken on my mobile phone

heihei

Biggest one I saw was one I nearly ran over in the Dothie Valley – must have been an adder about 3ft in length.

jim29
    Free Member

Sorry.

will someone get these mother fu*king snakes of this mother fu*king trail

I’ll get me coat

skyhigh_71

Quite a few about in Swinley Forest (the Lookout) at present. Ran over one on Fri eve think – it was a grass snake. Turned back to see if it was OK but it has scarpered. Definately Adders in there.

andytherocketeer

Not a snake, but a legless lizard… saw a Slowworm on the path the otherday, presumably basking. No pics unfortunately.

Rivett
    Free Member

You see quite a few rattlesnakes on the Redrock trails outside of Las Vegas. They tend to make you jump when you first see them!

SlowJohn
    Free Member

ive seen a few in cannock saw one last week over sherbrook way

knott4me
    Free Member

twice at dalby forest 2 trip in a row.

Philby

Nearly fell on a small adder in the Mendips – had just got up over a little lip and was almost stationary when I noticed something moving under my pedal which completely distracted me – had the foresight to put a big pedal stroke in, otherwise would have done the classic not unclipping the SPD moment.

shoefiti
    Free Member

I saw snakes on a plane once – absolute crap.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few sunning themselves on the trails in Dalby – early AM usually
    Another one yesterday that I only just missed

foolishmiracles
    Free Member

Saw one tonight! About 5pm crossing a minor road near Hardwick Hall.About a foot and a half long,all black and moving quickly in a “Sidewinder” motion.Chuffed to bits to see one 😀

Mackem

When i was in oz i came across a big snake on the trail. It seemed pretty laid back so i bunnyhopped it and kept on going. When I told this little story to my colleagues they asked “Was it big?” – Yes, “Was it brown” – Yes. “Probably a big brown then, its the 3rd most deadly snake in the world.” I actually was more bothered about the fact the Aussies couldnt come up with a more imaginative name for a deadly snake.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Snakes on a trail’ is closed to new replies.