Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Snake Pass MTB muppets this morning
  • zilog6128

Sorry while we are infinitely more vulnerable on the road than drivers that doesn’t make us all saints. As far as I could see the OP was pointing this out rather than condoning the drivers.

“MTB muppets” is right there in the thread title so it’s clear where OP is attributing the blame.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

How dare they exercise their legal right to use a public road in a correct manner, the very cheek of them!

bigrich

was anyone breaking the law?

christhetall
    Free Member

There’s a perfectly serviceable footpath on the other side of the water that avoids that stretch of the A57 quite nicely. I’ve never used the road to get from Hagg to Rowlee.

Edit: I’m not saying that that justifies any aggressive driving by the way.

That path isn’t even marked on the O/S map ! I’ve been meaning to try it out next time I do the beast, as I find the zig-zags a bit to frustrating and technical for me. But of course we have no ROW there, unlike on the road. Maybe the OP should be complaining to DCC rather than ranting about cyclists.

Radioman

OP sounds like a troll. 1 post in 6yrs?

BadlyWiredDog

OP (and to everyone who treats cyclists etc) whats the rush? Need to get to Boots in Glossop?

I think this is the nub of it – if you’ve ever tried to collect a prescription at Boots in Glossop, you’ll know what every second counts. It could literally, depending on the prescription, be the difference between life and death and it’s something I always bear in mind when driving or riding the Snake, which is something I try mostly to avoid except very early on a Sunday morning, in summer, on the road bike when it’s surprisingly quiet.

Can I refer the OP to the slightly irritating sign on the outskirts of Kettlehulme which reads: ‘Who needs traffic calming measures when you have cyclists’ or words to that effect. I’m never sure whether to take offence or not.

Northwind

bigrich – Member

was anyone breaking the law?

Yep, several drivers

aracer
    Free Member

No is there a syndrome for cyclists who believe that responding to aggression with aggression is going to end well for them?[/quote]

No, is there a syndrome for cyclists who think that riding perfectly legally and safely* is being aggressive towards motorists?

*as the vast majority cycling is – don’t go telling me it’s dangerous when the only danger is introduced to the situation by other road users

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

It’s all to easy to slate the car drivers , im pretty sure we’ve all been stuck behind inconsiderate before. Whether they’re mtb riders horse riders or some old dear on a motorised scooter. No one likes being stuck behind someone unfortunately people seem to get too up themselves and think they own the road and fo out of they’re way to annoy others.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Snake Pass MTB muppets this morning’ is closed to new replies.