Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Snake Pass closure?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Apparently it's closed for a few days for line painting.

Anyone happen to know if it's still possible to get through on a bike?

matthew_h
    Free Member

I would have thought it would be fine to pass by bike. Can't see it being an issue.

barca
    Free Member

still possible to get through on a bike?

It's obligatory James! Taking racing lines through those bends with no fear of a car coming the other way, it's unmissable. When's the closure? I went up and down a few times when they closed it for resurfacing last year. Great times.

mugsys_m8

NOTE: Watch out for tractors and Lanrovers etc. You've been warned. Seriously, don't assume there is nothing coming the other way. It is possible.

mugsys_m8

NOTE: Watch out for tractors and Landrovers etc. You've been warned. Seriously, don't assume there is nothing coming the other way. It is possible.

porterclough
    Free Member

When's it closed (and open again)?

crazy-legs

As far as I'm aware it's closed from 6pm tonight. I'll listen to the local traffic news though and report back later. If it's closed, i'll be riding it, it's great when there's no traffic on it. 🙂

nbt

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/news_events/news/2009/july/news_items/snake_pass_due_to_close.asp

I'm pleased they're doing it during the week, the normal thing would be to do it at weekend but for once someone has thought a bit and realised that that particular road is far more heavily used at the weekend

jackthedog
    Free Member

realised that that particular road is far more heavily used at the weekend

That surprises me if it's true. Still would have thought the Manc/Shef commute would make weekdays busier than the weekend leisure traffic.

porterclough
    Free Member

I'm not sure it is true, there's plenty of traffic during the week.

It goes slower on Sundays though.

steveh

6am 13th to 6am 16th are the signs I've seen for the closure.

Definitely don't assume the road will be empty especially out of hours, it's a known place for fast bikes/cars to go for a play when it's shut.

antigee

just came from back from school sports afternoon and a roadie dad had ridden it this morning so you can get thru ok think its all whitelining

crazy-legs

Yep, painting the white lines on the road after recent resurfacing of the Glossop side of it. Closed til 16th at the earliest (one report said closed til 22nd – here's hoping!)

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Update – just ridden it from Glossop end – as far as Doctor's Gate Culvert – blokey in the hi-viz waved me through and shouted "enjoy" – there was a bit of heavy plant moving about but otherwise dead apart from a couple of roadies – due to re-open to cars this Friday

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

*grumbles soemthing about being stuck down south with no real hills*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Snake Pass closure?’ is closed to new replies.