Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Snake oil! Snake oil! GET YER LOVELY SNAKE OIL 'ERE!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    johnnystorm

Lol!

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s actually the pink bolt what does it. 😆

timmys

One of the DH’ers (maybe Danny Hart?) has the same or similar all over their bike. Madness.

cookeaa

There was a thread a few weeks ago, but yep, vibration damping stickers. Not cheap, and seemingly total cobblers…

ocrider

Are they compatible with power balance bracelets, or would they cancel each other out?

wilburt
    Free Member

I dont if theres anyone old enough and sad enough to remember the stickers sold to “audiophiles” in the eighties? Place three on your albums and the music will suddenly be more lifelike, no need for a Linn Turntable sir.

ocrider

Somebody must have removed them from Myriam’s bike after the qualifiers…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    leffeboy

Stay away from the audiophile stuff. That way madness lies

Northwind

ocrider – Member

Somebody must have removed them from Myriam’s bike after the qualifiers…

It’s only worth a second per minute, she’s going to need a lot more stickers to catch up with Rachel.

ocrider

Coming soon : Axxion Frame Protect 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

seems to work for Danny, 3 wins on the trot after obscurity since his WChamp win must be caused by something

cchris2lou

Is the brake lever app tells you where to put the stickers ?

ctk
    Free Member

How big a vibration? I was thinking of binning the FS for a hardtail with vibration stickers on the chainstays.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Are they backwards compatible with 26″ wheels? or just work with 650b and enduro / dh gnarpoons?

Goldigger
    Free Member

How big a vibration? I was thinking of binning the FS for a hardtail with vibration stickers on the chainstays

Just think how many you could buy with the money you would have spent on forks and a shock.. you could probably have some spare to stick on your belly if needed 😆

sq225917
    Free Member

Wilburt, not only am I old enough to remember but I’ve actually met the great man himself Peter Belt…(the loon)

kayak23

I just use blutack.

Spin
    Free Member

When the page is auto translated it is saying they’ll make me go ‘faster, farther, longer Best results increased Plaisir’. Might try them in the bedroom.

nathb
    Free Member

HAHA “Racing car performance increase by 10%”

😆

DrP

I was LOLing out loud at the commencal site…It’s like someone gave my lad some silver plasters and a bike and said “knock yourself out lad”…

THe logic sounds like a 6 year old’s too – “stickers here make you faster and less buzzy..>”

DrP

IHN

I colour the edges of my rotors with a green felt tip, really improves feedback and feel.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

To be fair to the guys behind that site, the science is sound.

They just haven’t done the calculations very well (at all)……….

We have stickers that we use for damping vibration.

They usually weight a minimum of half a kilo…….

Northwind

I was watching the video where they’re talking about sensors at the start, and thinking “Hmm, well OK, different frequency vibrations have way more effect than you’d think… Changing from one carbon bar to another on my fatbike made a huge difference to my hands, but that was all trial and error, maybe you can do it with science”. And then their bullshit takes a 90 degree turn and suddenly it’s all job done and the bike is faster 😆 I thought I’d just missed a bit or maybe it was a pop sci video and they’d just missed out all teh engineering bit where you change the parts design to tune the vibrations but, no.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Snake oil! Snake oil! GET YER LOVELY SNAKE OIL 'ERE!’ is closed to new replies.