Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Smuggler owners out there
  • transition1
    Free Member

Hi Guys any Smuggler owners out that who have experimented with their rear shock, maybe upgraded to another make am thinking of DVO Tapez or Ohlins, FOX X2 won’t fit as 190x50mm rear shock

SirHC

Contemplating changing the Monarch to an RP23/FloatX/DB Inline, not that impressed with the Monarch’s and the lack of adjustability (I have an X2 on my Reign, which is very good).

Very interested in the new version of the DB Inline over the 3 I have listed above, climb remote is also good feature.

transition1
    Free Member

Not sure about Inline reliability. Am thinking maybe the DB Coil IL instead

transition1
    Free Member

Bump.

pigyn
    Free Member

I ran a 2016 Fox DPS paired with a 2016 Fox 34, shock felt lovely. Not adjustable like the X2 etc but more than the Monarch. Three levels of compression adjustment within the ‘open’ position, plus ‘trail’ and total lockout on top of that.

transition1
    Free Member

cheers Pigyn. How does the Fox DPS compare to the old FOX CTD? I am currently running a fox 34 FIT upfront which I will extend to 140mm travel

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

transition1 – I’ll also be upping the travel on my Fox 34 at the front to 140mm at some point but I always thought, probably wrongly, that Transition designed the frame specifically around etc characteristics of the Monarch? I might be way off base there…

pigyn
    Free Member

The DPS is a total re-design, none of the wallowy nonsense of untuned CTD things. It was a medium compression tune rather than the stock soft tune, which suited my riding well.
    Great shock, and the upgrade was cheap compared to sticking on a fancy adjustable one.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Still have the DPS lying around?

transition1
    Free Member

I messaged Transition who said the DVO Topaz or Ohlins would be a sweet upgrade to bike but maybe I should experiment more with monarch & using those rubber bands etc, think 140mm will be better at front though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Smuggler owners out there’ is closed to new replies.