Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • (Smug mode) ahhhhhh isn't being a new parent fun?
  • hora
    Free Member

I'm only woken three times a night, Im currently enjoying a drink whilst my sis in law is in the kitchen rustling up some food for us before my ride tomorrow.

ahhhhhhh 😀

vinnyeh

Your sister in law obviously knows that now is the time to get any familial obligations out of the way, and that the first couple of weeks are the easiest.
    The tidal wave that's about to engulf your life is building up just over the horizon…. 😆

hora
    Free Member

Oh no another one of those nay-sayers pops up. Does binners run a training school for nay-sayers somewhere?!!

vinnyeh

Not a nay-sayer. The weary voice of experience.

hora
    Free Member

Well me and bingo will move out if it gets hairy… 😆

pedalhead
    Free Member

If you're bottle feeding, I can highly recommend an ipod touch or iphone. Can be operated one handed, and child can be held and bottle inserted with one arm when you're well practiced. Might sound a bit cold at first, but after bottle #3765, a nice game of Drop4 alleviates the boredom quite well.

Dancake
    Free Member

Good luck in your new adventure; By month 3 my wife and I almost murdered each other through tiredness but they are not all like that (my 2 nieces slept through the night really early. whereas It took us 18 months with some serious heart-wrenching "leave him to cry" nights ).

Little dude has slept every night since Christmas now and it is ACE!

Just 14 sleeps until his 2nd birthday, and the Balance bike comes out. So excited; hope HE likes it…

yunki
    Free Member

anyone got any (legal) tips on teething and itchy scalp?

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Dancake Im sure he will
    My boy loved the Rothan we bought him for his second birthday, within a few months he was attacking hills with gusto now almost two years on its time for pedals and a new steed and the Rothan will go to my 18 month old daughter – no pink bikes and tassles for her!
    Congrats Hora

hora
    Free Member

Midwife recommended Olive Oil for his peeling hands/legs/feet etc. Maybe work on itchy scalp?

Don't go on my hearsey though!

bassspine
    Free Member

(from experience) the first ten years are the worst.

Junkyard
    Free Member

saves thread to remind hora later when reality kicks in.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member

Your sister in law obviously knows that now is the time to get any familial obligations out of the way, and that the first couple of weeks are the easiest.
    The tidal wave that's about to engulf your life is building up just over the horizon….

What shite – 6 mmonths in and all is sweet with our little lady 🙂

Riding more than when the mrs was pregnant and dead happy – olivia is a belter!

Talkemada
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Well me and bingo will move out if it gets hairy

What, the baby? 😯

Bit drastic, no?

hora
    Free Member

Everyone is different aye. We'll see how we get on 🙂

Just like I've learn't advice isnt welcome, support is welcome.

(Some family experiences).

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Hora ignore the doubters its not that hard – some people bask in being able to winge how hard it is and that they never sleep!

mogrim

First week's fine, it's when you're back at work and she isn't that things start to heat up.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Again Pile of *****

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

my boy is five and a bit weeks old and have had a mixed bag of nights so far some have gone really well some have been really bad but he's beginning to get a bit of a routine going so last 3 nights have been ok(mind you ive been back to work thee weeks now so iam only doing weekends)

yetidave
    Free Member

We are now at week 3 of number 2. Whilst the new addition is sleeping great, eating anything put in front of her and $hitting her volume everyday (whenever the nappy is off), the oldest is now working through her full list of ploys to attract as much attention as is possible back to her…life is er quite hard at the moment. One child was dead easy – don't do two!!!

emac65
    Free Member

My lads(16 +17) were fine,until they hit 16 & now they are really hard work.

A bloke told me years ago that you'll love 'em to bits when they're young & want to punch their lights out when they're older.Thought he was talking crap at the time,but now they're older I can see what he meant..It's come close a few times….

yetidave
    Free Member

two daughters, I have about 13years of worrying about those times…oh and then the weddings to pay for…

greasystain
    Free Member

Parenthood is fabulous. It slips past far too quickly though. Enjoy EVERY moment,

carlosg
    Free Member

I was in a supermarket at the checkout with carlos jnr and earwigging 2 new mums , 1 said to the other 'how you feeling it's so tiring isn't it' , 'ooh yes I'm absolutley knackered' .

Obviously I felt obliged to let them know that they were in the honeymoon period and once their children were upright and walking then they would learn what tired means!! 😆

Talkemada
    Free Member

What makes you think that your baby could potentially become quite hirsute?

And why would that be a problem?

And who is 'Bingo'?

Sandwich

Bassspine, the second ten years can also be quite bad! 8)

Pook

20 plus miles tomorrow to take your mind off it old chap

Hairychested
    Free Member

It's really cool to be a dad. Until, at 3.45 am, for 6 weeks on the trot, she comes to you and says – Daddy, play 🙂. The smile on the little face makes up for your being cream crackered, the mug of tea never tastes so great.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I like it, it's fun.

yunki
    Free Member

yes… it is the best fun.. with one caveat

As a stay at home father I have to say that 24 hour infant care can get a little grating on the nerves from time to time..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I've been up since 4am with my 1 year old. She's now watching Wallace and Gromit and I'm on coffee number 3. This is not unusual.

Wait until about 6 months when you're utterly ground down, and then Post Natal depression kicks in. Then pop back and smugly denounce the naysayers. You're still in the honeymoon period; it gets much, much worse.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Some people get lucky and have a sleeper – we weren't! He's 3 1/2 now and he's always awake by 5am and ready to play – it does wear you out !!

trailmonkey

ages 0-2 hell or heaven depending on sleep patterns, aged 2-3, :roll:, 3-11 best years of parenthood, 11-> 😯 🙄 😯 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Girls woke us at 6.30, up and fed now. Both just mastered crawling…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Our first is currently on its way out….very slowly!

The wifes been in labour since 10pm on Thursday and I've not slept for more than 5mins at a time since!

Surely its got to be easier when its born ?!?!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The adrenaline will keep you going for the first few months – then you're on your own 😉 have fun 🙂

WorsthorneWarrior
    Free Member

At the time, having a newborn seems like hell, wait til he/she hits two, then look back & realise how easy it was!!

Been up with mine since 6:30 earning some brownie points for an afternoon ride, currently watching Spongebob Squarepants episode 5 of the day!!!

Harry_the_Spider

5 month old asleep and has been since 9:00pm last night.

2 year old currently in our bed… and i've been thrown out. "Daddy out way!" he shouts whilst pointing at the door.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Well, making sweet love should resume by about week four and that takes the edge off the slightly stressy no sleep feeling. Sleep patterns may well calm down by about month six – even if they are shite you know what to expect and can plan around them.

And children are brilliant. Even when they drive you mental and you wish you had a coal bunker to lock them in.

oldgit
    Free Member

Oh dear.

The kid hasn't worked out whos boss yet 😐

And wait until you have the second. Mrs Hora might not be so keen about your weekend bimbles whens she has one on the *** and the other under the kitchen table making milk and bleach cocktails.
    I think nearly all my mates said whats the fuss when they had their first. I never saw them again when they had their second.
    I think my lad was 11 when he stopped dragging his matress into our bedroom, things you just accept it and go into auto pilot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘(Smug mode) ahhhhhh isn't being a new parent fun?’ is closed to new replies.