Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Smorgasbord 29er any good ?
  • sheepshifter
    Free Member

Time to ditch the RR running a 2.25 NN up front great just need a new rear with more bite , don’t know much about the above anyone using one on the rear.

ton

had a pair on my 29r for a year….good as gold really.
    plenty grip, but roll ok on the smooth stuff too.

nuke

No complaints from me…front (Extreme) and rear (Enduro) on my Crest rims. Very easy to setup tubeless. Not the lightest but then decent sidewalls to prevent damage.

wwaswas

Happy with mine. I got the stickier version. Running front and rear.

creakyback
    Free Member

Got an extreme on the front of my 29er. Not as light as the old Maxxis Ardent but way better grip on everything short of slop. Its not a mud tyre just a good all rounder, pity about the sh1tty graphics though look like an advert for a cheap fizzy drink. For £19.99 they are a steal.

rob81
    Free Member

I used one on the front of my inbred on the Trans Cambrian Way last weekend. I’m no tyre expert but it was fine as fat as i’m concerned

Lester
    Free Member

ive just put a set on my fireline,mainly because the ardent and minions left no clearance at the rear, they seem very nice from 1 rides experience.
    crappy decals though, but for £19.99 its fine by me

Tom-B
    Free Member

Used one once on the rear of my Trance and hated it….it was in pretty dire conditions though.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Got a pair on my Solaris. About to put one on the front of my Trance to replace the Ardent. Pretty happy with them, roll a bit slower than the Ardents on the hard pack stuff. But plenty grip on loamy soft stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Smorgasbord 29er any good ?’ is closed to new replies.