Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • smoothish tracks in the lakes for CX bike!
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

ok so i got my CX bike a couple weeks ago, i dont plan on doing any racing just yet, i got it really for commuting and winter road riding that i can mix up with some forest tracks to relieve the boredom of winter road training.

I've had a play around claife heights and the climb up from basecamp + the descent to sawrey was mostly all ok, and forest tracks in grizedale were fine, just wondered where else theres smoothish tracks? I'm not looking for massive long all off road rides as i enjoy doing dome road then heading off road for a bit then back on road. Its amazing how rocky some of the tracks that seem nothing on a full suss are on a cross bike!!

Anyway, suitable reccommendations in the kentmere / windermere / grizedale / ambleside etc area please 🙂

yoda
    Free Member

the cycle path next to the main Coniston- Ambleside road is good fun on a cross bike,from there you can turn upto Hodge close or go past yew tree tarn and turn right and climb off road and back to the top of Hawkshead hill and into grizedale.

I've also done the north face trail on mine,Skiddaw,the old man of Coniston via the coppermines and back to torver.

grumm
    Free Member

I've also done the north face trail on mine,Skiddaw,the old man of Coniston via the coppermines and back to torver.

You sound like a masochist. 😯

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘smoothish tracks in the lakes for CX bike!’ is closed to new replies.