Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Smoking
  • hora
    Free Member

A bloke in chaps?

binners

What Nazi comments? Are you now accusing smoking of being anti-Semitic?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Once I found out about asbestos I stopped breaking up the panels and sniffing the dust for fun.

Every so often, when I’m drunk, I dig out my stash of asbestos panels and give them a good sanding, get the missus in to have a breathe too. It’s only once in a while, can’t harm much can it?

“Dying’s for fools” 🙂

hora
    Free Member

People refer to ex-smokers as ‘Nazi’s’ because the ex-smokers woke up and realised just how bad it had been when they were addicts.

Its like night and day. Getting to the day part involves crawling over broken glass of denial though. I guess thats what Tobacco companies have been working on over the years- make the cigarettes so addictive that they retain customers ‘for life’.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Well as someone who has just bought their first 10 in 3 months I can say that smokers / ex-smokers CAN smell smoke from a very long distance – M6 doing 50 in traffic and I could smell the smoke from the car in front 😯

I’ve had 2 so far today and have now slapped a patch on and the rest are going on the log burner tonight, taste like sh!t now so I didn’t even enjoy them!

How long can you use the patches for?

MikeWW
    Free Member

I stopped nearly 4 years ago(after maybe 20 years of 20/day) and decided I would never start again. Some people may be able to do it but I reckon even 1 would put me back on the slippery slope and I just don’t want that.Don’t like the smell now and don’t miss it.Didn’t bother with patches

binners

Well done. Possibly the most spurious analogy I’ve ever heard in my life.

However, I’m toying with the idea of giving up tomorrow. Again

But… BUT… its conditional. Here’s the deal bell-end. If I knock the fags on the head, you have to stop the smoking related propaganda. No more nazi references or any of the rest of the drivel you generally spout on the subject. EVER!! If you do, then I’ll start again immediately and enlist Bingo as my passive smoking partner.

Oh… and you have to get your rounds in. Without question or moaning

hora
    Free Member

Mate. It’d greatly please me if you gave up. I mean that sincerely as well.

You’ll die of something, I’d just prefer it was old age.

🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

binners – I would also like to see you stop smoking again, but I must admit that I do enjoy reading hora’s anti-smoking chats as they help to keep the non-smoking resolve burning bright in me (not that it is weak or anything).

hora
    Free Member

I’d like to die in an orgy. Preferably in a sex swing with 3 Scandinavian female models (I had to add female incase binners thought maybe.. men) 😯

Squidlord
    Free Member

Its like night and day. Getting to the day part involves crawling over broken glass of denial though

How long does that take? I’ve tried cold turkey, patches, gum, champix & Allen Carr. Never been able to go more than a couple of months. And everytime I start smoking again – usually cos I’ve let something wind me up – it feels like “coming home”.

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

If you have let something wind yourself up that much then to give up smoking successfully you are going to have to look at ways of not getting so wound up.

I have stopped quite a few times before and then became wound up and smoked at someone in anger and the only loser is yourself really. On reflection smoking at someone is a stupid thing to do.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Absolutely, I can get worked up sometimes, especially when quitting. Have been thinking about getting some books on meditation etc, as maybe I need to fix this part first.

I did buy the “little book of calm”, but I swallowed it by accident.

smoked at someone in anger

love this quote.

hora
    Free Member

squidlord are you ready to quit though? I went through a couple of years of resenting smoking then the trying to quit and giving up after using an event as an excuse ‘I’m just too stressed at work’ (had a hard day/feel like I need a reward to ‘relax’).

One good thing that helped was we worked 4 floors away from a smoke and I found that I could stretch from having a couple smoked on the way to work and then on the way home at the end of the day. That made me realise that I really didn’t crave it when it came to the hassle of smoking.

If your not ready- don’t quit yet. You have to loathe smoking, hate feeling shitty in the morning, smelling, having to go out of your way to smoke.

Try cutting down first- gradual and to say buy a packet of 10 then have two smokes a day max.

I thought getting drunk would make me give in. Surprised when it didn’t.

organic355
    Free Member

Squidlord
    Free Member

I do. Smoking is only “nice” when you’re not doing it. If that makes any sense. Work & travel etc will keep me off the bike for a couple of weeks. Think I will quit again when I have the chance to cycle more. This should keep me motivated – the improvement in performance comes very quickly in my experience. Cos I smoke loads… 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Sounds like Craving/withdrawal.

Hohum
    Free Member

Good luck with stopping the smokes Squidlord 🙂

I was like hora when I stopped as I had grown to hate everything about it including myself for smoking.

Most people are grumpy when they give, but my wife actually remarked to me that my mood improved and on reflection I think it was because I was happy with myself for not smoking.

hora
    Free Member

I really don’t know if there is any fact in this but I read somewhere that Vit.C helps leech nicotine out of you asap (the think that prolongs craving/the pain by removing you thinking about it?).

Anyone I developed quite a crush on fresh orange juice and oranges for a while…..

hora
    Free Member

Interview with the Tobacco Association spokeswoman on the news tonight and the whining melon-head tried saying it’d drive shops out of business and cost of ‘hiding them’ away…

300,000 teenagers take up smoking every year thinking they are rebelling and cool. Then when they are hooked/addicted they become ‘customers’. Doing ‘nothing’ isn’t going to help anyone. So the bint needs to trip over and hurt herself IMO.

dnpadsy
    Free Member

Each to their own i say!! If we could still ride our bikes and do enjoyable things when we reach 100yr old instead of pooing & peeing ourselves then id say smoking carn’t be a good thing but fact is is life’s gunna suck when we get to that age & we carn’t go for a ride or run or walk so if you want the odd fag go for it just make sure you punish yourself with a ride out in the good old fresh air after. Nature will takes its course in the end smoker or not!!!

Woody
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a craving……………………
    ……….to beat Hora round the head until he STFU ! 😐

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Smoking’ is closed to new replies.