Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Smoking bikers
  • SlowJohn
    Free Member

I know the majority of people on here peobably dont smoke and are quite healthy but is there many bikers that like the odd cigarette. I recently gave up and it was mainly down to my love of biking that made me do so are there any other smoking bikers out there

higgo
    Free Member

I ride with a smoker.
    It doesn’t slow us down – he normally has one at the top of hills while he’s waiting for us to catch up.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I got pissed and bummed a cig off a mate yesteday. I would say my habit approaches 1 cig a month.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I do!

I’m not a heavy smoker, mind. 10 a week or less, really.

I quite like a cig after exercise, strangely. Although not in bed.

13thfloormonk

If i’m out camping or doing some multi day stuff, i really like to have some tobacco with me, i prefer stopping in some amazing scenery and having a rollie to having a cup of tea, although both is even better.

I like to think they keep the midgies away at night as well…

JamieMc
    Free Member

I smoke between 5 and 10 rollies a day and it doesnt seem to affect my riding, running or climbing. Booze does though!! I’m keen to stop, just to see how much of an improvement it will have on my fitness.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

i have recently given up for about the 20th time. I always fail when i have a drink so i have decided to give up the drink as well. I find it harder not drinking than smoking. Today is the 14th day and it does seem to begetting easier.

I quite like a cig after exercise, strangely.

funnily enough i always found after a hard slog up a hill id always like to stand and have a cig and look at the view

naokfreek
    Free Member

About 10 a day (rollies) but having been a courier for over three years now, am pretty fit i guess but could always be fitter if i stopped. My indurance levels are very good though.

stano
    Free Member

‘Endurance’, dear chap Endurance.

Sorry, I was lost in a previous post!

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

It’s either 20 a day or nothing for me. Currently nothing but going by past form, I’ll be back on them sometime. Could be in 10 days time or 10 years, who knows.

Not sure how much it affects my fitness but I do know I am keener to get out on my bike when I am a non-smoker.

naokfreek
    Free Member

‘Endurance’, dear chap Endurance.

quite sir, did’nt even notice that….

Swayndo
    Free Member

I quit 2 years ago. My buddies miss it more than me … less stops. We still refer to certain spots as fag breaks tho.

chakaping
    Free Member

I hope you all take your dog ends home with you.

Even when an enthusiastic smoker, I never felt the need to carry my ciggies on a ride.

Before and after races however, they were just what I wanted.

aracer
    Free Member

I smoke between 5 and 10 rollies a day and it doesnt seem to affect my riding, running or climbing.

How do you know how you’d be if you didn’t smoke?

One of the fittest and fastest guys I know (and I know quite a lot of high level athletes) smokes rollups – the guy he normally does mountain marathons with comments that he can tell how badly he’s going by how many stubs there are when he gets to the top of a climb (and he’s no slouch!)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I stopped about 2 years ago and don’t miss it at all.

Smoked for about 18 years between 10 and 15 a day, 30 on the ale.

Now I just seem to collect "pocket" money as I just take out the same amount of money I always did, to last me the week. Guess where all that money goes now, instead of tabs, You got it, blinging my mountain bikes.

One habit to another I guess.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I tend to smoke a pipe but only when riding XC

carlos
    Free Member

I stopped about 2 years ago and don’t miss it at all. Smoked for about 22 years between 10 and 15 a day

The cash i used to spend now funds MTBing and SCUBA Diving.

Dumb thing to say I know, but it never seemed to hinder my fitness, I was always the first to the top.

Carl

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Gave up 6 months ago. Still think about it smoking alot especially when drinking although fitness has improved no end – no more wheezing at the top of climbs

dee66
    Free Member

I’m still smoking. Started at 15 now nearly 43. Managed 8 weeks without last year, felt fitter, less stopping and panting! Did hear something about it being bad for you.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Smoked for 18 years until 2 years ago. Visited the Hypnotist and necer had one since. Feel much much better for it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Smoking bikers’ is closed to new replies.