Viewing 39 posts - 241 through 279 (of 279 total)
  • Smokers – on and off and back on the wagon for 2011 – motivation thread.
  • Hohum
    Free Member

TSY – I agree with don simon on this.

You have to have at least vice in your life 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m on my second large black coffee of the day.
    Soon I’ll move onto tea, until I have another coffee at about 11:45.
    Are there any health benefits from kicking it though?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You can take your “let’s kick caffeine” and stick it up yer anus TSY 😛

*slurp*

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I might just do it. Just for the smug self-satisfied look I’ll be able to give you all from my high horse 8)

hora
    Free Member

If someone took my espresso off of me I would seriously hurt someone…probably myself from falling asleep on my feet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes dont use the stuff anyway

emsz
    Free Member

I have not smoked for a week. Slight confession, I don’t really smoke that much maybe 5 or so a day ( more when I’m out though) but still can’t believe I’ve done it! Thanks guys!!

Keep going every one !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s only one word for that emsz…AWE…..

Well done! 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

Yes, very well done emsz!

Keep it up 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yep, good work Awesemsz. Although I’ll point out you have even less reason to lapse!

For all those struggling with quitting.. don’t go and watch The Kings Speech at the pictures. A great film, but Bertie the quality of acting and the crutch of smoking makes a ciggy very tempting…

Ho Hum – Riding today?

Hohum
    Free Member

TSY – I am feeling better mate, so hopefully I may get out this afternoon 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good stuff. It’s cold down here but sunny. I’m jealous!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Everybody still on the wagon after the weekend?

donsimon
    Free Member

I was about to do a seach for this to see how folks are getting on.

How you getting in dd?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another weekend off the sticks 8)

Eating like a bloody horse though and not exercising enough to compensate. 😳

Going to reveal a slightly personal detail here (especially for the chaps 🙂 ) – had a semen examination around four months ago – while I was still smoking during the day but not in the evening. While not exactly firing blanks, my fellers were more Eric Moussambani than Ian Thorpe. Three months after giving up properly – and not changing much else – same diet, not a “heavy” drinker anyway, had a second test last week.

They are now being considered for the Irish team in the 2012 Olympics. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Good stuff, it does get easier doesn’t it?

Going to reveal a slightly personal detail here (especially for the chaps ) – had a semen examination around four months ago – while I was still smoking during the day but not in the evening. While not exactly firing blanks, my fellers were more Eric Moussambani than Ian Thorpe. Three months after giving up properly – and not changing much else – same diet, not a “heavy” drinker anyway, had a second test last week.

I’m not really sure how to respond. ❓ 😕

Congratulations, I guess….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Congratulations, I guess….

Just one of the benefits. I’m thinking about Yeti’s potential for the future really… 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

So smoking tabs could be a form of contraception?! I think you have hit on something…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😆
    😆
    😆

Seriously though, nice one for sharing that Darcy! Another reason to keep it up, err… stay off the smokes.

A heavy session in London this weekend prooved testing, but actually the smell of them up close was enough to put me off! Filthy things, and for once it seemed that there really weren’t any cute ladies in the smoking areas…

Hohum
    Free Member

Well done DD and TSY.

I have 3 children who were all conceived whilst I was smoking (I wasn’t actually on the job before anyone tears my semantics apart ;)).

So, I would not rely solely on cigarettes as your only method of contraception 😆

binners

Morning all. And bloody well done to the lot of you

An update: The patches are working well at taking the edge off the cravings. Plus, A (lucky?) dose of man flu also meant that having a fag is the last thing I actually want to do.

Plus points: I don’t end up going getting cash out anywhere near as often. And the smug self-satisfied content can’t be underestimated, obviously.

Minus points: Its playing havoc with getting to sleep in the evening. My body temperature seems to have gone up by about 5 per cent. And this makes me really restless. Mrs Binners says its like sleeping with a bouncy castle. Though this could also be an oblique reference to how much I’m eating. Pass me another bag of cheesy quavers please? 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

I would have thought that the eating and any weight gain will be temporary and due to lack of riding during the cold weather, when the weather gets better you’ll have so much more energy for riding that you’ll be a racing snake within weeks. What should be happening is that as you smoke less you have a greater ability for doing exercise and as a result actually lose weight…

Keep it up. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

AWESOME stuff binners. There’s no doubting that your intake of crap does go up when you give up. There’s a need to replace that instant gratification – but nothing you eat (as long as it’s food of course) will be doing you the same damage as a tab. And when you get back into riding you’ll find you can push yourself that little bit more as don of the simeones says.

Keep it up 😀 (Yeah, I see what you did there)

donsimon
    Free Member

Unintentional my little smoke free zone, unintentional. 😳

lowey

Well done you lot. It is hard work, but well worth it.

binners

I’ve been compensating for the increased trough-age by getting back to commuting on the bike again a couple of times a week. 15 or so miles each way, mainly off road.

I’m going to have to keep it up though as the ‘something to do with your hands’ thing seems to be interpreted by my fevered brain as ‘pick up a pie’ 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

I seem to recall reading somewhere that a medical person had said that smoking in terms of heart disease is equivalent to carrying an extra 3 or maybe 4 stone in weight, so even if you do put on a bit of weight when you stop it is nowhere near as damaging as carrying on with the smokes.

Cheese quavers are a good crisp to munch on as they low in calories compared to other crisps and I just love that bit of tang they have to them :;

donsimon
    Free Member

Update time my little cherubs, how’s it all going? Let’s hear the success stories.

cookies

Just seen this – have been slipping slowly back into the grip of the fags over the last few months but only when drunk – thinking it wouldnt harm. I had stopped for a couple of years as well. I realised today I was hooked again because I had cadged two menthols off a collegue… Menthols! Minty fags are so very wrong.

Back on the wagon again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Menthols…make kissing smokers so much nicer.

How’s everyone getting along? Concerned about binners. TSY? You back on the lamberts mate?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So 6 months have pretty much passed now… how’s everyone getting on?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnc0Cq9aE4A[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I had a lovely, juicy, succulent and indeed nutritious ciggie after my swim earlier. Mm, it was very nice…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Smoking & swimming… you take your username very seriously.

Keep up the good work.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I still have the odd one but a lot less frequently not a smoker still not really a non smoker either I guess. If I had to choose one I would choose non smoker

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wore my skimpy trunks. That’s guaranteed to raise blood pressures, I can tell you. 8)

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve had one or two drunk ciggies at parties or whatever. 😳 But mostly still not smoking on a daily basis.

saving loads of cash though, wondered where I found it before.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is that a lighter in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me? 😆

Zoolander
    Free Member

Clearly late to this one. But haven’t lit up since Saturday – not been too bad so far either.
    Had to give up caffeine recently as well 🙁

Making up for both though with a huge glass of vino!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Elfin in the shower after his swim at Yeovil leisure centre.

Viewing 39 posts - 241 through 279 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Smokers – on and off and back on the wagon for 2011 – motivation thread.’ is closed to new replies.