Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Smelly Miele
  • hot_fiat

Our Miele washer stinks. Like a smelly Helly that I’ve decided to use to towel the dog down with and then put back on again to ride a 24hr race.

Now I could pop out and get some calgon and run it through at 95C, but I’d much rather not bother – I was out at the shops this morning and it was poo. Reckon I could just shove a dishwasher tablet in and pray it doesn’t convert it to 100kg of finely engineered German scrap?

dmorts

Hot (90C) wash with some bleach in then let it dry out by leaving the door open?

wwaswas

Run it through on a hot wash with no detergent a couple of times to clean the pipes out.

clean the filter.

leave the drawer and door open for a few days.

[voice of experience]
    Do not put bleach in there unless you want 5 cubic metres of foam.
    [/voice of experience]

redmex
    Free Member

I chucked my meely dishwasher years ago, great when it worked but was incontinent and used to wet the floor
    Nothing worse than getting a coffee from someone with a dogs breath cup straight out of an ill dishwasher

dmorts

[voice of experience]
    Do not put bleach in there unless you want 5 cubic metres of foam.
    [/voice of experience]

Yeah, don’t need to put a lot of bleach in, but some foaming is good as it spreads it about. Might need a few cycles too, but I’ve done it and it was ok

scotroutes

Don’t use liquid detergents and do the occasional hot wash.

dmorts

Might need a few cycles too

^rinse cycles

cinnamon_girl

Do you have any white vinegar?

Edit: get in the habit of wiping down the seal after each day’s wash. Pay special attention to the part between the seal and the drum where smells collect.

Top tip: I make my own fabric conditioner which has white vinegar in it, only use it with sheets and towels but it has completely stopped nasty whiffs.

aP
    Free Member

Stoner has it. We do a 90C wash once every 6 weeks or so with some of his “special product”. Emptying out the drain filter and cleaning that out helps as well.

NZCol

Guy came to fix ours and while doing so looked me in the eye and said ‘clean it like your knob’. My wife was in stitches.

aP
    Free Member

Guy came to fix ours and while doing so looked me in the eye and said ‘clean it like your knob’.

Finally puts face to a name…

selkirkbear
    Free Member

I run an empty wool wash programme (higher water level) with a couple of chlorine tablets maybe twice a year.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Do you use washing liquids or powders?

Liquids are known for making washers stink we use powder and the smell went away.

hot_fiat

We use liquids & have done for years. Our Bosch w/d didn’t stink, even when the heat exchanger got clogged up with 8 year’s worth of my grime.

I cleaned the door seal yesterday with Milton. I’m now thinking the grey sludge that was inhabiting the gap between the drum and the big flexi seal was waging biological warfare against some other grey sludge hidden away in the machine. The two keeping each other in check. By disturbing the balance, all hell has broken loose.

Have ordered some dr Beckmann’s. In the meantime one of Lidl’s finest powerball rip off tablets is rattling around the drum on another frikkin 3hr boil cycle.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Had the same advice as funkydunc..with the same result.

Cougar

Guy came to fix ours and while doing so looked me in the eye and said ‘clean it like your knob’.

Bleach and a boil wash?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Smelly Miele

Worst Radio 1 roadshow ever.

verses

We’re gonna need a bigger beaker!

thejesmonddingo

Oh no you’re not 😆

lister

Wait til your third little ‘un starts adding to the stink! 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Smelly Miele’ is closed to new replies.