Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Smee – Is he always right?
  • daveb
    Free Member

I havent been coming onto this forum long but have noticed that ‘Smee’ always seems to post really relevant and to the point posts. Seems like a top guy to me 🙂

bomberman
    Free Member

i have to agree daveb, absolutely top guy

miketually
    Free Member

Smee – Is he always right?

Yes.

miketually
    Free Member

Smee – Is he always right?

No.

djglover
    Free Member

He’s rad to the power of sick and has more friends than I’ve had hot dinners and can will any cycling race on a DH singlespeed.

RustySpanner

Sorry, missed his latest posts. I’ve been dusting.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, leave ‘im alone. He is, let’s face it, entertaining. And he’s not nasty or owt. I don’t spose he’s a bad person really.

Dougal
    Free Member

Top guy – He’s volunteered to drive a van down to UK bikepark for the Edinburgh Uni squad. Also marshalled today at Inners, putting the sport before his own participation.

rolfharris
    Free Member

I’m driving down to UK Bikepark from Fife and no one calls me a top bloke.

And all I look for is approval…

Smee
    Free Member

Rolf – top bloke.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

He IS your man if any child belonging to you needs looking after at your nearest animal safari park.

funkynick

I’d say it was about 50:50…

Or should that be 2:1?

Hmmmmm

😉

antigee

yes.
    thats how i work with the kids

djglover
    Free Member

can he drive a snake to the coast for me next wednesday?

Smee
    Free Member

Busy next wednesday.

Stoner
    Free Member

*and then, just like that ‘pfff’, it was gone…*

ton

i have rode with george, and he is a ok bloke…..
    and i dont suffer fools.

Gary_M
    Free Member

No he’s not always right. Take this quote from him for instance ‘Have I hurt your feelings?, which was directed at me. he hadn’t in fact hurt my feeling as I realise this is the internet and not real life, he had hurt my sides though because I was laughing at hime so much.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

…and i thought it was over….

druidh
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    he hadn’t in fact hurt my feeling as I realise this is the internet and not real life,

The internet is real life, just like any other form of communication.

DezB
    Free Member

Next thread for Mark’s

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whatever he is in real life he comes across as a little pathetic on here IMO.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The internet is real life, Really?

ton

cynic-al – Member

a lot of people do mate…

Smee
    Free Member

Gary_M – Why would the internet medium, forums, email, be any different from any other form of communication? Would you send me what you were saying before in an email, or a letter, or phone me and say it? Didn’t think so…

ton – when you coming back up this way? I have some trails to show you.

RustySpanner

I’m still a bit ashamed about the Christian Baiting thread a couple of weeks ago.

Feel like Lady Macbeth – I keep scrubbing but the stains still remain.
    I learned that anonymity is a double edged sword, and that it’s very easy to come across as a complete knob on the net.

I’m sure we’ve all posted something stupid. Best not to take any of it too seriously eh?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Some people take this forum waaaaaaaay too serioulsy.

Smee
    Free Member

No would appear to be the answer to that question then..

Why is a forum different?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Of course its different, you don’t understand that and that’s why you were in tears on the ‘other’ thread. Are you telling me your name is actually smee?

cynic-al
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

a lot of people do mate…

Are you pointing the finger at me ❓ Fair enough.

ton

al, no mate not at all.
    just saying when you meet people they are differant from there online persona…
    sorry if i worded it wrong.. 😀

Smee
    Free Member

Gary_M – on the contrary, you do not seem to understand that it is no different to any other form of communication. Folk shouldn’t write anything on a forum that they wouldn’t be prepared to say to them face to face.

hora
    Free Member

Its only a matter of time before Smee turns from right to righteous as all STW’ers eventually do! 🙄 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

It is different to other forms of communication – it’s basically anonymous, which clearly has an effect on the group psychology. It IS real life though, since we’re all real. Aren’t we?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Okay them smee in that case change your username to your real name instead of hiding behind a pseudonym. If you have nothing to hide and are happy to stand by what you say then you should do that.

I had hoped the character you portray on here wasn’t real, unfortunately it seems it probably is.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It is different to other forms of communication – it’s basically anonymous, which clearly has an effect on the group psychology. It IS real life though, since we’re all real. Aren’t we?

My point exactly molgrips. And users could of course make up online personas. Therefor not ‘real’.

roper
    Free Member

…….You like potato and I like potahto
    You like tomato and I like tomahto
    Potato, potahto,
    Tomato, tomahto.
    Let’s call the whole thing of
    But oh, if we call the whole thing off
    Then we must part
    and oh, if we ever part, then that might break my heart

So if you like pyjamas
    and I like pyjahmas,
    I’ll wear pyjamas
    and give up pyajahmas
    for we know we need each other so
    we better call the whole thing off
    let’s call the whole thing off……..

RustySpanner

Anonymity is the big thing – deeply help beliefs can be misconstrued as pointless trolling and vice versa.

Don’t think I’ve ever said anything on here I wouldn’t repeat face to face, but then I love a good debate and wouldn’t get offended by anyone’s take on my own opinions, however deeply held – we’ve all got them, they’re all different & equally valid.

Some people obviously get very offended and take things very seriously.
    Problem is, it’s difficult to tell until you’ve offended them. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

He does like an argument but I respect his right to express things as he sees fit and to fly in the face of the majority which takes courage [often misplaced?]

BigDummy
    Free Member

Why does it “take courage”? It’s the internet. You are (as has been discussed) largely anonymous, unlikely to be hunted down and are free to say whatever you want. I agree that it takes courage to dissent from a majority view in, say, Burma. But the idea that typing a provocative and reactionary post on here to see who will argue with you is a brave act is daft. That is a general remark, not a characterisation of Smee’s contribution to the gaiety of nations particularly.

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Smee – Is he always right?’ is closed to new replies.