Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Smashed collar bone.
  • adrianmurray
    Free Member

Ok, so here’s my left collar bone after taking a dive off the bike earlier today. It didn’t go through the skin although it looks close.

Apparently the lungs are up around there as well, so if I start gasping or wheezing… that’s not good.

It’s in four pieces and the doc’s will have a chat about the best remedy tomorrow morning in their Trauma meeting. I’ve already signed the consents and been marked up with the ‘cut here’ arrow, so just waiting for the call tomorrow morning.

Do I get a prize or is this just a little bubu?

180920111187 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/67639044

konadad
    Free Member

blahhh, me teas just come back up

RealMan
    Free Member

MTFU, run it under the cold tap for a bit and go ride.

(Seriously though, looks bloody painful, hope it heals ok..)

transapp
    Free Member

Ouch. shite. I know your feelings right now.(2 weeks out of shoulder op) Keep your chin up, Xmas isn’t far away then you’ll be back riding and the days are getting longer by then!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Piece of magic orange will sort that…thats nothing,you should see my chipped nail

kudos100
    Free Member

looks like a good one. I did mine 3 months ago and now have a nice lump of callus where it has healed.

Make sure you listen to the doctors about recovery time. I took a tiny fall after 7 and a half weeks and cracked it again. 😥 In total I will have had about 4 months out.

mrlugz
    Free Member

You may end up with one of these. 🙂
    Edited coz it didn’t work….

adrianmurray
    Free Member

Jeepers Lugz… when it’s your own injury it somehow doesn’t seem so bad, until the drugs wear off, but your pic has made me feel all squeamish now.

Thanks for the well wishes all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Carpentry time. You know those mending plates you get in B&Q…….

Good luck

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bit of gaffer tape should see that right

Good luck!

noteeth
    Free Member

Blimey… All the best for the op – and take it steady afterwards.

darrell
    Free Member

you’ll be reet……eventually….kinda

TheFopster
    Free Member

Still doing physio fourteen weeks after doing mine and still not 100%. It takes time, so as peeps have already said do as you’re told and you’ll be fine. Just take some painkillers and spend the time fixing all the niggling things on the bike that never get fixed ‘cos you’re out riding…

rewski
    Free Member

Looks very similar to mine, I had a severe displaced clavicle, I’m sure if you had a xray with a top view you’d see that bones we’re some distance from each other, making natural union impossible, prepare yourself for surgery, a plate possibly with a hook could be needed. They’ll probably take it out after 6 months. It’s a week or two on Tramadol and Cocodamol, especially at night, I found sleeping on my back very uncomfortable, usually sleep in fetus position. Make sure you take the stool softner, codiene makes you mega constipated. On the whole recovery is pretty much bearable once the surgery trauma has worn off, mine was very successful, physio is a must, frozen shoulder is to be avoided.

Best of luck.

Tracey

Good luck and healing vibes with it, my shoulder isnt sorted after 4 years so I know how you must be feeling

Katies back been sorted but shes not back on the bike yet

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

[gasp] 😯

jet26
    Free Member

Tracey

Was that done in Sheffield by any chance? If so they are great guys

Tracey

Yes. It was done at the Childrens hospital.

rewski
    Free Member

God job we’re not playing top trumps. What happened?

Del

christ! i knew i was lucky with my collarbone, but Katie’s back! 😯

Tracey

Scoliosis

Before pic

rewski
    Free Member

woh! here’s to a speedy recovery and hopefully riding soon.

transapp
    Free Member

My God, I thought my shoulder still aching was a irritating from the 3 small incisions!
    Healing vibes!!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

bit like this bloke maybe, but the osteo fixed it:

osteo

Sancho
    Free Member

Side Boob – sweet! 🙂

trailmonkey

😐

Anthem-X
    Free Member

[/url] 2011-09-19 10.56.06 by Test 1235, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] 2011-09-19 10.56.15 by Test 1235, on Flickr[/img]

Just had my 6 week X Ray today..feels much better but had to get it pinned. I was ready for getting back on the bike, but just got told I have to leave it another 3 months till it heals solid.

Anthem-X
    Free Member

oh and kick the Codeine/Cocodamol as soon as possible Rewski is spot on about the constipation..lol

swisstim
    Free Member

Week 8 here. Titanium plate and 8 screws. Back on a road bike no mountain biking yet, pretty much full mobility, can’t quite get my right arm as high up my back as the left but it will come…now to get fit again. Just quick because I had a really good physio/bone whisperer. Good luck.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Smashed collar bone.’ is closed to new replies.