Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Smash…
  • JohnJohn
    Free Member

The instant mash, I didn’t realise they still made the stuff, does anyone on here eat it?
    Personally I’ve not had any since the 70’s, that was enough. Come to think of it I’ve not had tinned pilchards since the 70’s either.

Duggan

Yeah they still sell it. I once went on a ‘lads’ holiday to Majorca when I was 15 and ate nothing but Pot Mash (think Pot Noodle but um, mash) for 14 days straight. Surprisingly, I didn’t pull once.

Cougar

Not even in the shower?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

LMAO

scaredypants

LMAO

Like this ??
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAbJjktk7E[/video]

kinda666
    Free Member

I had some with a steak pie, peas and gravy for my tea at work tonight, Mixed it with hot milk and butter though, was quite nice tbh 🙂

tomhoward

I’ve had it recently, quite enjoyed it. Used to eat loads of it as a student too.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Has the taste improved at all, I remember it not tasting much like potato.

Drac

I’ve never had it.

fasthaggis

Rest easy Drac,you’ve not missed much 😉

Silly earthling goes off to peel some spuds

Drac

I reckon I’ll die happy regardless.

Pigface
    Free Member

They peel them with their metal knives 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We had it on my first scout camp back inn the 70s, it was indistinguishable from wallpaper paste. The following year when my dad was the venture scout leader he reintroduced the art of potato peeling. I was amazed at how many other kids had never peeled a tattie.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Mixed well its passable – more so if made with hot milk and loads of butter and pepper.

Used to be my favourite handover food – but like a medicinal mcdonalds breakfast not something id eat normally 🙂

boxfish
    Free Member

Tinned pilchards on toast. Yum.

dannybgoode

Butterscotch Angel Delight for desert – Gangster…

Cheers

Danny B

hora
    Free Member

Tinned fish rules.

Carnation milk is like crack cocaine. My brain fizzles when I drink it.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Come to think of it I’ve not had tinned pilchards since the 70’s either.

My mum always fed the cat tinned pilchards, I was horrified when a mate came home after school for tea when he saw some pilchards in the fridge he asked for some and to my horror he ate them, never new they weren’t cat food.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘Normal’ Smash is nasty.

However, tonight I have been mostly eating haddock mornay, Morrisons cheese & onion version of Smash, & garden peas.

Reasonably tasty actually. 😆

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Mixed well its passable – more so if made with hot milk and loads of butter and pepper or anything else to make it taste like food.

FIFY

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Smash…’ is closed to new replies.