Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Smartphone problem
  • sweepy
    Free Member

My motorola defy seems to have packed up, i’ve done a few factory resets and sometimes nothing, sometimes just the motorola logo, sometimes it seems to work for a bit then goes again.
    Is it worth trying to do anything else, whatever the equivalent of a reinstall is or whatnot, or is it likely to be the phone itself?
    Ta all.

dooge
    Free Member

Just a firmware crash, I suspect you will need to be ‘flashed’ as a factory reset isnt enough.

sweepy
    Free Member

I appreciate your input, can you dumb it down a bit?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Think of your phone as a computer that you can install an operating system on like you can with windows and a PC. Your operating system is crashing and needs a fresh install.
    Look a “flashing stock ROM” or similar. Just google it. Its not difficult or complicated at all. Just read, read and read again. Failing that get a nerdy mate to have a stab at it.

sweepy
    Free Member

Right, I’ve had a look at that link and the one thing thats completely clear is that now isn’t the time to start this, it does look a bit complicated to be honest.
    But at least I know ive got a shot now so ta, ill let you know how I get on once I get the time to sit and read for a bit.

Cougar

Is it in warranty?

The “firmware crash” theory seems unlikely to me, unless it’s a known issue with the Defy.

sweepy
    Free Member

Nearly three years old so well out of warranty I expect. Shame cos I like it and it does everything I need (or did anyway)
    I think i’ll give flashing it a try, cant make it any worse I suppose.

dooge
    Free Member

I sent off a few Defy’s at my old with the same thing, they ‘flashed’ them and sent them back.

sweepy
    Free Member

Where did you send them to?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Smartphone problem’ is closed to new replies.