Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Smart TV's can they get netflix?
  • jonnyrockymountain

As title please anyone know

Drac

Yes but not all.

DezB
    Free Member

DrJ

For what it’s worth – netflix is sh1te.

patriotpro
    Free Member

For what it’s worth – netflix is sh1te.

Ooof! Come on now stop sitting on that fence… 😉

ransos
    Free Member

I get netflix through my Wii.

Nick

Netflix is ok if you want to watch certain things, like breaking bad or house of cards, get em watched and then cancel

I can get Netflix on my Samsung TV, and Lovefilm and all the main UK TVOD channels.

spawnofyorkshire

@nick

what’s the samsung smart tv stuff like? I need a new tv for the bedroom and was thinking of getting one

hammyuk
    Free Member

Love my Samsung 32″ TV – incredible picture, sound isn’t too bad considering and the apps work great wired or wireless.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Yup got it on my Panasonic smart TV (e6B). Personally loving Netflix atm, BSG, Breaking Bad, Farscape, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, lots of documentaries stand up comedy, films are bit meh though

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Same as LoveFilm then – all their on demand films are crap.

For series though, its great. 1 & 2 of Spooks, Blackadder, Outnumbered etc

That all through a Samsung Smart TV too. Cannot fault it one little bit. Can’t remember the model but it was rated as the best in some What Hifi test about 18 months back.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I have to say I wish I hadnt spent the extra on my smart TV.

Admittedly its just a toshiba. But they seem to have already given up on the platform on my TV and there are no more updates and moved to a new system.

Might make more sense to buy a box ie a Roku perhaps ?

takisawa2

Just had a new Samsung SmartTV & the SmarTV interface is now spot on. (Old one was ok, but bit flaky sometimes). Its replaced a 2yr old model that the screen failed on. UE40F5500 is the model number, was about £400.

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers guys, it’s just for in bedroom on wall and I didn’t want to have to put ps or wi throught it, that’s why I was thinking smart tv

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jonny – I am not a smart TV fan, I think you overpay for the technology and it’s not upgradable. Certainly seems expensive for a bedroom solution. I compare it to in-car sat-nav vs tom-tom, yes the in -car is integrated but within a few years it’s far behind. If you have an iPhone get an Apple TV, if not get an Android coma table device – three’s been a few threads. Note the Apple TV can get netflix direct but it’s much more powerful with another Apple device

Nick

No complaints with my Samsung Smart TV here, just works, great picture. We did get a Sound bar as part of the deal from John Lewis, spent about 700 I think on a 40″, prices have come down a bit now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We went non smart as we already had the silent media PC to use with it, if it was going now it would be Raspberry Pi (with XBMC) and Chromecast, should all come in at under £100

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the Samsung smart tv’s and been impressed with it. Not sure what the case is with others but my TV does appear to be upgradeable – including replacing the dual-core processor with a quad-core one, although so far I’ve not seen any evidence of a need for that.

Milkie
    Free Member

I have a Samsung SmartTV that is upgradeable when it starts slowing down. It has Netflix and I love it (House of Cards, Hemlock Grove). Soo much more personlised than LoveFilm that just shows me new films rather than the types of films I like.

I also have Raspberry Pi with XBMC and the SmartTV is leagues ahead in terms of performance and usability. I’ve now turned it into a SqueezeBox for synced/Sonos music around the house. JB’d ATV now only gets used for Airplay and Photostream, doesn’t seem worth it!

sadexpunk

can i just check you mean youre using a samsung smart tv instead of a squeezebox to play your music, or do you mean theres a squeezebox app for the tv?

thanks

Milkie
    Free Member

I have installed squeezebox clients on the Raspberry Pi’s so I can have synced music around the house. Here’s a link to the Pi Image.

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

sadexpunk

i have a squeezebox touch that keeps dropping wifi and needs to be rebooted to pick it up again. dont know if its the player or my wifi at fault.
    would your set up fix that, or would the same problems keep occurring?

so many options out there, i get confused over which ones going to be best for my requirements, android stick, WD TV, chromecast, bluray player etc etc….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Smart TV's can they get netflix?’ is closed to new replies.