Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Smart TV with Eurosport Player
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

Does anyone use a smart tv with Eurosport Player?
    Watching stuff on my laptop is no fun. The picture is always jerky.
    So I’m hoping getting a smart tv might be the answer. The only problem
    might be is that we only get 2.7mb ish download speed (sky).
    Any recommendations?

molgrips
    Free Member

The problem won’t be your laptop, unless it’s ancient and in a mess. But even then it’s unlikely. It’ll probably be your network connection.

Having said that, 2.7Mbps should be enough, I get less than that and I can watch it fine in low quality.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks Molgrips. It seems to work fine on a tablet. Laptop is Win7/i7 and only a couple of years old. Maybe buying something with Samsung Smart Hub built in would be a better option. Cheaper than getting a new TV anyway and if it doesn’t run Eurosport player any worse than my laptop then at least it saves the faff of connecting the laptop to the tv.

molgrips
    Free Member

There is probably something wrong with your laptop in that case! Or it defaults to HD or something.

Bear in mind plug-in devices may not support eurosport player.

ampthill

I’d say a laptop with an hdmi port would be a good bet. Just plug it into your tv

Does youtube work ok on your laptop?

plop_pants
    Free Member

I thought Eurosport player adapts the image quality automatically according to the download speed, or do you think there is a Windows setting somewhere?

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’d say a laptop with an hdmi port would be a good bet. Just plug it into your tv

Thanks Ampthill, that’s exactly the method I use.

Youtube works fine too.

Edit: having said that I’ve just watched a clip on youtube closely and it does jerk a bit too! Just not so obvious as when watching cycling on Eurosport player.

ampthill

OK that’s weird. I wonder of its eurosport slowing the bit rate to fit with your bandwidth

I wouldn’t spend money until you know why its not working

The tablet might just get a smaller image and therefore not jerk

Oh and have you checked things like turning off hardware acceleration on the laptop

plop_pants
    Free Member

Not sure about hw acceleration, where would that setting be?

Bimbler
    Free Member
    plop_pants
    Free Member

Found where to change the setting but the driver wont allow me to change it, greyed out. Blast!

ampthill

Found where to change the setting but the driver wont allow me to change it, greyed out. Blast!

That in itself seems odd doesn’t it. I’m now out of my depth. Start a new thread on graphics acclerators in laptops

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a long shot anyway, it probably isn’t the issue.

Find out how to open task manager’s resources page and post up a screenshot 🙂

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Our smart tv won’t give us much and it hasn’t been updated by Sony in years now. We’ve got a computer behind the tv and a wireless keyboard. Those new google television plug might be good. Depends when it arrives here and what it can be used with.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Molgrips, is there anything particular on the resource monitor you would like to look at?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Smart TV with Eurosport Player’ is closed to new replies.