Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Smart TV + Apple TV or Normal TV + WD TV Live
  • geoffj

On the face of it both setups will deliver the same functionality, but the WD TV Live option is probably about £150 cheaper

Anyone using iPlayer on WD TV Live and/or streaming content from a Mac to a WD TV Live?

Anything else I’ve missed?

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I have a Mac Mini connected to the tv with a hdmi cable and connected to the Internet by wifi. I’m actually streaming and watching a film now from Love a film as I write this.

The set up works real well.

Drac

I bought a wifi adapter for my Sky+box the on demand list is pretty good.

geoffj

Mr Mojo – aaaaah don’t throw other solutions into the mix!! 😥

*goes off to google mac mini prices

sharkbait
    Free Member

[quoteI bought a wifi adapter for my Sky+box the on demand list is pretty good.[/quote]
    Just got our new box and I’ve plugged it into a homehub….. I agree it seems to work well.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I’ve a smart tv and Apple TV.
    I hardly use Apple TV anymore, easier just to stream straight off the network.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Depends what you want it to do and what you already have. Films over my network I use smart TV or smart bluray player. Lovefilm I use smart TV same for iplayer. Netflix isn’t on my TV or BD so I use Apple TV for that and viewing stuff straight from my iphone is easy with apple TV.

What I find a pain is that no two smart TVs offer the same functions so the only firm advice I’d give is know what you want to do and make sure what you choose will do it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Smart TV + Apple TV or Normal TV + WD TV Live’ is closed to new replies.