Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Smart tv ??
  • bikemanspen
    Free Member

I’m thinking of treating to family to one but I’m not sure on a few things. Firstly can you browse the Internet on them and do they have wifi or would it need to be connected to my modem with a wire?

Advise much appreciated

Thanks ben

Liftman

You can surf the Internet but its painful if you are just using the tv remote for entering text.

All can be plugged into the router by wire some come with wifi capability others it’s an option.

nickjb
    Free Member

You can browse the web. It won’t be like being on a PC but it has its place. There is a big range of what you can and can’t do depending on the model

Some are wired, some WiFi, some both. Ours is both but its happier wired. You can always use a homeplug to give a wired connection or some will let you plug a USB WiFi dongle in

adam_h
    Free Member

I’ve got a Samsung smart tv. You can browse the web on it but its abit of a pain. Good for stuff like YouTube/BBC iPlayer/Redbull tv. Mine has WiFi built in, some come ‘wifi ready’ but require a dongle type thing to connect. Or you can just plug it straight into the router with a cable if you wanted.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a Samsung one that has a proper Internet browser, has wifi and a wired connection if you want to use that. I have an app on my phone to mimic the remote which I use to type on the tv. Much easier than using the tv remote b

Don’t really use the smart functions that much and I suspect not many people do. Great tv though.

knottyknotty
    Free Member

If your gonna use it for Internet would recommend getting a wireless keyboard or an air mouse/keyboard /remote
    Improves the experience but the novelty soon wears off after you’ve shown the kids how good it is(and there like yeah yeah dads got another gadget)

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Cheers guys think I’ve got it now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Smart tv ??’ is closed to new replies.