Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Smart trainers
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Refurbished kickrs are at £650 direct from Wahoo this weekend and brand new Kickr snap for £400

MSP

Partly copied from my post in the zwift thread.

I ended up getting a kinetic smart control unit, just set it up and gave it a quick spin on zwift, works fine using my phone as a bluetooth relay, and my other sensors using ant+

Even on a 5 min test spin it is obvious that the power control really adds immersion into zwift that was missing using my old kinetic dumb trainer. I think I will have to turn the realism down as I found myself changing gears where the change in incline really wasn’t evident graphically.

It is still a shame they haven’t built in ant+ support, and that means that I will switch back to trainerroad from the sufferfest app, but I have bought enough sufferfest vids already for that not to matter too much for now. I do think it will make running a trainerroad workout under any vid from other sources a much better experience, something I could never really get into with the dumb trainer.

It does seem to have more “rumble” than the kinetic dumb trainer I don’t know if that is due to the electronic resistance unit, or if it is due to the larger flywheel (I had an early kinetic road machine with the smaller flywheel) but the roll down with the larger flywheel does seem much better.

But I won’t do any more tonight as it is a beer night.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Smart trainers’ is closed to new replies.