Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Smart security lights what ones are available in the uk?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Seems to be a few available in the us, but as far as I can tell only the netamo presence at mucho £££ in the uk, plus I’m not fussed about the camera necessarily.

Want one I can link up to the wifi set schedules, on / off.

Hacked off with existing halogen units, one doesn’t work despite bulb change and checking it has power, other won’t switch off despite reading manual and twiddling knobs lots some LAP Poc with dual halogen from 2015. Doesn’t seem much on the market that is any better though would rather put the £70 to more modern tech

nickdavies

Do you just want remote control? Just wire it to a wifi switch, tp link do plugs for about £20. Various options with apps and other switches for scheduling etc.

Doesn’t give you an alert though, or camera feed but you’ve said your not fussed about the camera.

DT78
    Free Member

Good idea but Id rather it came on when it sensed motion rather than just on / off. Camera is of interest but I’d rather a cheaper product and a visible cctv camera (as a deterrent) rather than a discrete built in version

woffle
    Free Member

the TP-link plugs @ £22 a pop are pretty good and you can schedule via the Kasa app (free).

I think you can get motion sensors for the Philips Hue setup.

woffle
    Free Member

..or you could get a Canary / Nest camera and then schedule something off the back of a motion notification. There’s someone at work who’s using IFTT (?) to rig up something along these lines…

DT78
    Free Member

Should have mentioned for outdoor use.

Looked at nest cameras they seem to only detect if you have the subscription. But like the thinking. Camera spots incoming. Ifttt to a switch to turn on which is just a basic flood.

Hmmmm.

Who does smart switches? Both the floods will be on the mains. Could easily wire in a switch. Adding a plug and socket would be a faff.

I’m very tempted by the new blink outdoor camera and have been holding out for it. Not sure about integration though.

nickdavies

You can wire in a tp link switch easily enough if you can get to it inside, just install a simple plug and box. You don’t have to lose the motion sensor either, just run a separate live to the pir switch which you could split off where you install the wifi switch.

This is assuming it’s ok to have 2 lives into the light potentially.. not an electrician though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Smart security lights what ones are available in the uk?’ is closed to new replies.