Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Smart phone is dead time to take a step back
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I don’t like the “what ever , when ever” attitude that is so prevalent in our society. “I want it NOW!”
    Smart phones are just part of it.
    Why want endless music on demand? Why not just entertain yourself? Think?
    Wanders off bemused that people so shallow.

“Shallow”? For listening to music? Suggesting that people who have music on their phones don’t “think”?

Don’t be a knob.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wanders off bemused that people so shallow.

Most of my smartphone internet traffic is Wikipedia articles on historical topics. And STW, which you also post on. So stick your shallow snobbery up your arse.

Smart phones are just part of it.

No, they enable it, but the attitude is not mandatory. They don’t MAKE you do anything you don’t want to. Amazed that some people have so little control over their lives. Or perhaps they hate themselves?

I’ve loved having a Nexus 7 2013 for the last year, but there are times when free BT WiFi hotspots give me rubbish reception when I’m out.

Eh? Don’t use BT WiFi hotspots then…? They are optional.

wicki
    Free Member

Charged up the old Samsung phone problem number 1 its so small I need reading glasses to see anything on screen hhhhmmm this needs a rethink a relative has offerd a microsoft windows phone next week when there xmas present arrives never tried a Windows phone but I think I may have to just because of the eye sstrain.

wicki
    Free Member

Sooooo 4 days in and I give up I need a large screen phone with at least map capabillity.

I cant read the screen on the samsung dumb phone without reading glasses the old fashioned texting I now find impossible to use and I got lost on the bike while exploring the area not to serious as I found some one to ask but had I been off piste it could have ruined my day i think even a cheap 50 quid smartphone woild serve and apparently you can get apps that make them more freindly to the technically challenged

The 6 Best Simple Android Launchers for Parents and Grandparents

smiffy

I canned my first smart phone before it broke. Back to a basic Blackberry from the kitchen drawer and after three week I have never missed the interfering operating system.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Smart phone is dead time to take a step back’ is closed to new replies.