Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Smallicombe between Colyton and Honiton – much around there?
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Stuck in a farmhouse for a relaxing 4 day break. Any decent rides I can escape on?

They don't need to be thrilling but should be fairly easy to follow as I will be on my own.

Cheers

luke
    Free Member

Where you are out at Northleigh, your not too far from woodbury common.
    Get an OS map and head over towards Faraway and exploreing is good.
    There is also a half decent bike shop in Axminster that can give route advice.
    Although it's an area I know very well as I was born in Honiton and still have family in the area, it's not an area i've ridden much as I tend to go back for family events.

yunki
    Free Member

Head slightly south and slightly west for the pebblebed heaths of Woodbury Common comprising the commons of Lympstone, East Budleigh, Shortwood, Dalditch, Bicton, Colaton Raleigh and Woodbury…

Lots of singletrack and doubletrack among the gorse with a few techy bits and bobs and some interesting stuff in the woods..

It's not marked at all.. but is fairly hard to get TOO lost as you're never far from the next country lane and it's a relatively small area..

Don't stray on to the military firing range though (this is clearly marked) but you are likely to encounter marines on training exercise all over the common..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    billysan
    Free Member

Morganhayes woods are closer still and is worth a look. Only a short ride from you too.

Del

woodbury is ok if you fancy a good pedal. haldon better, both for marked trails and more 'angle', and if you wanted to you could thrash yourself around the waymarked ridge route 2 or 3 times and get a decent workout. touch up a local for unmarked stuff nearer the time, would be my advice.

bassspine
    Free Member

Don't stray on to the military firing range though (this is clearly marked) but you are likely to encounter marines on training exercise all over the common..

mate of mine rode right over a nod in full camo up there once 😉

mclarenmtb
    Free Member

With Del on this one….I would go for Haldon. A bit more up there in the way of marked routes, cafe & information on where to go to next. So could plan the next route after finishing the first with a nice cuppa…Ideal!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Smallicombe between Colyton and Honiton – much around there?’ is closed to new replies.