Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • smallest camelbak to carry a pump?
  • ned.c
    Free Member

As the title I’ll soon be in need of a new hydration pack, I don’t tend to carry much and looked at a few smallish camelbaks in halfords the other night (lobo and rogue) but although both have plenty of storage the pockets are small and square and not full length/long enough to carry my pump.

I also like the look of the xct with the wing pocket/waist belt type arrangement for getting at multitool and bars without removing the pack, but again no room to stash my pump.

I don’t have (as it broke) or like bottle mounted straps/clamps to put the pump on the frame and I don’t want to carry co2 inflators and I don’t need a bag as big as the Mule, so what’s the smallest camelbak I can carry a pump in? Or is it safe to simply slide it down the side of the bladder in the full height bladder pocket they all have?

thanks,

Andrew.

singletracksurfer

fine to pop it alongside the bladder.

not camelbak but the assualt or splitback could do they job http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/rucksacks.html

tragically1969
    Free Member

Or is it safe to simply slide it down the side of the bladder in the full height bladder pocket they all have?

Why would it not be safe ?

I have the XCT, a pump goes in the main bladder compartment no problems.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What is your pump? Not a mini?

ned.c
    Free Member

it’s a specialized pump, must be getting on for 8-10″

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I have a Rouge and I slide my Pump in the mesh pockets on the side. Never had a problem with the pump falling out.
    Pump used – Topeak Mini DXG, 9.1″ long.

rossrobot
    Free Member

I have the XCT, a pump goes in the main bladder compartment no problems.

me too – works fine.

Mounty_73

I have a rogue, with a 10 inch pump inside it, never had any problems and never lost a pump.

soobalias
    Free Member

i used to have a lobo, dont they still have the mesh pump carrier on the side?

seanodav
    Free Member

As above, i use a rogue on short rides, the pump goes in the mesh bit.
    Although it looks like it might fall out it never has.

ned.c
    Free Member

thanks, I have found an Octane XCT for £27 new so I snapped it up 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘smallest camelbak to carry a pump?’ is closed to new replies.