Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Smallest & Bestest multitool
  • mildred

What can people recommend for a small well made cycle specific multitool? Must include a chaining tool.

DaveRambo

I have a Lezyne one and it’s very nice. Comes with a cover to stop it rattling and to protect it.

They do severakl so which one specifically will depend on how multi you want your tool

oliverracing

topeak hexus 11.

thread closed

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

^^^^ ditto, standard answer is Hexus, which also handily has tyre levers. I have 3 of them 🙂

D0NK

I quite like crank bros 19, I’ve even bought a second one for road use (other is permanently buried in bottom of my commuter pack). Usual stuff plus chain tool and spoke key (haven’t used chain tool, have used spoke key) Have only tried a couple of others for comparison.
    Only thing is don’t leave it wet, it can rust a bit.

Northwind

Hexus. Not the best made imo but the best designed. Pocket Rocket is nifty too but I’d lose the bits.

continuity
    Free Member

Mini 22+ has more and weighs less than a hexus

tomd
    Free Member

I have a Topeak Mini 18 and a Hexus (lost the 18 for a while). I much prefer the 18, it’s compact does everything I’ve needed and the chain tool is actually good. The Hexus is OK but I don’t like that the 5mm Allen key has a removable bit, as that is the one I most often use.

gogg
    Free Member

Park Cool Tool, mine is coming up for it’s 25th birthday and I still get a warm feeling inside everytime I use it.

If someone were to buy me a fathers day/birthday/christmas present, I would be seriously happy if they bought me one of these Lezyne multi-tools, I’ve been very impressed with the pump & lights I’ve had from them in recent years.

Junkyard
    Free Member

haven’t used chain tool

works well enough that it is the only chain tool I have

elliptic
    Free Member

+1 for the Topeak mini 18, its a lovely bit of kit.

mildred

Thanks for the suggestions – got somewhere to start looking now.

I’m liking the look of the crank brothers mini 17. Gets very got reviews everywhere, despite a lot of people acknowledging Crank Bros general crappyness.

I also like the look of the Topeak mini pro 20; has all the same stuff as the crank bros tool but also has a 10mm Allen key, which should fit my crank (though it looks a bit short for that).

Does anyone have experience of either?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hexus is certainly excellent.
    As is a little one of these;

and this

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Smallest & Bestest multitool’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts