Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Smallacombe Rocks – Dartmoor
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Anyone managed to get from teh top down to the river at the bottom in one go – did OK Last sunday but now the bracken is up I could not find the dam trail half way down 🙁

neilforrow

get down that fine apart from the middle section with the (very) steep boulder role…

will be doing that tomorrow night, let you know how i get on…!

jam-bo

I still want to gap onto the rock slab in that middle section.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Funny I rode it better last weekend on my 100mm HT than I did on My Five yesterday – how's that happen?

Burchy1
    Free Member

Yup.

Neilforrow – shame on you, a man of your caliber 😉

neilforrow

Burchy1 – Member

Yup.

Neilforrow – shame on you, a man of your caliber

WOAH… sorry I didn’t mean to give the impression I jess the middle rock section… what i meant to say was the middle section is where it gets a little more interesting… only dabbed it once, and it was icy 😉

i like jambo's idea of gapping it… will take a look at that tomorrow. exit will be a bit bumpy.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Thats more like it!
    Did an uplift day at Combe Sydenham on Saturday, it was a great laugh, Del was jumping doubles and everything…

neilforrow

Combe Sydenham is a great place to ride, sounds like you had a good time…

how did are you getting on with those enduro BB's? fitted them yet?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Hi all – sorry to crash your thread but I assume you are all from Devon, so I was wondering whether anyone on here keeps trail info that can be downloaded onto a Garmin GPS?

I am new to the whole XC/Single track thing (I got to old and had a bad DH accident which took me away from riding for 8 months – 6mths in a cast!) – so I am limited by what tracks I have found through books and mags etc.

I live on Dartmoor, but having not ridden many trails in the 'new' capacity I am struggling to find new all places to ride all the time.

I have done so far:
    Princetown Loop – i.e. Princetown to Burrator to Princetowm.
    Postbridge Loop – inc. the 5 river crossings
    South Brent Loop – from South Brent to Avon Dam to South Brent.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Leon.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Too right, awesome weather for it aswell.

Got one of those BB's in now, took a while to get the arm tightened all the way onto the axle as the seals were quite tight but running smooth now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Smallacombe Rocks – Dartmoor’ is closed to new replies.