Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Small women's road/hybrids – What to get
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

Afternoon all,
    My girlfriend is wanting me to find a bike to commute/do some leisurely cycling on.
    Her budget is around £150 so obviously I’m looking for something second hand and nothing flash.
    She’s 5’2″ so I was looking for something around 48cm.

The issue I’m having is what to look for, Ive had a good hunt for some boardmans but don’t really know what else to look for and just wanted any suggestions/here’s what I got.
    Cheers!

MoreCashThanDash

Pinnacle, Giant, Trek, Ridgeback and Spesh all do nice hybrid bikes – looking at the bike sheds at work – often with women specific models as well.

Bike shop staff on here will hate me but she needs to try a few in some shops first to get an idea of what she likes, and sizing, then you can look second hand.

evh22
    Free Member

I’d go to decathalon.
    I commute on a small basic MTB which cost £119 from there. When it breaks (which is surprisingly after about 2 years of daily use living outside) i just buy a new one. I looked at the bike to work ridgeback which was 3x the price for similar components. They do better bikes too but i’ve been pleased with this one.

This one

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The “medium” Calibre Dune? Oops, just seen budget!

If the budget can be increased, the Laura Trott hybrid looks a nice spec at Halfords, shame the Voodoo Marrassa starts with an 18″ frame.

imnotverygood

Where are you based? I’ve got a Specialized Vita (or something) which might suit

lllnorrislll
    Free Member

Wife is 5ft and recently wanted a road bike for fitness in the £300 budgt. Decathlon would have been my default, but you’ll be looking at 650c wheels.
    Looked every where and it was either poor spec, too big or massively out of budget.
    Ended up with a 13 intrinsic from halfords (I know), which bobbles about the 300 pound mark. Did also look at the pendleton initial which is a little over your budget, but you get partial claris although a little weighty.

joespencer33
    Free Member

Imnotverygood – I’m in North Yorkshire, She’s in London and I’ll probably be in Bristol a bit in the next few weeks.
    Email is joe spencer *underscore* 33 at hotmail co uk if you want to email me about the vita.

Thanks for the help everyone else!

rOcKeTdOg

Trek FX

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Small women's road/hybrids – What to get’ is closed to new replies.