Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Small Wins Thread.
  • Daffy

After months of trying, I finally managed to average over 20mph on my 20 mile commute; the traffic light gods were smiling on me.

What small victories have you had this week?

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Got my BB30 to finally stop creaking!

jekkyl

won a fiver on a scratcher! enough to buy 4 Stella and another scratcher (which won nothing)

brooess
    Free Member

I bet you ran every red light, hit all the small children and abused all the pedestrians who got in your way… 😀

Kuco

Adam@BikeWorks – Member
    Got my BB30 to finally stop creaking!

How?

timbur
    Free Member

Adam- you need to have it creak free in use. It doesn’t count if it’s only in the stand!!
    🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

He’s pulled it out and fitted an adapter surely

Kuco

LOL seems the only way to stop them creaking is to fit an adapter 🙂

matt_outandabout

The sun shone on tonight’s ride home, and I bumped into a chatted to a tourer heading to Inverness from Edinburgh – on hols from Wisconsin.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

I went overboard and did a load of stuff, so I have no idea what actually caused it…
    I re-pressed in the bearings in case they had moved, cleaned and re greased everything, pulled the spider off the crank arm and greased the back of that, removed the drop out and axle retainer for the back wheel and greased them too, then torqued everything back up and boom, two wet rides later and still no creak.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wasn’t going to ride, but then decided to after all and caught a glorious sunset from the top of the Great Orme.

JoeG
    Free Member

Got an old Suntour cassette off the freehub tonight. 😀

One of the ones where the littlest cog threads on (no lockring), so gets tighter with every pedal stroke…

Shimano were the same way BITD. This is one standard that I am glad has fallen by the wayside! 😮

So far all the parts I have bought for my London Road have fit. It’s not finished yet though so there’s still time! 😕

mattbee

Managed to track down the creak on my Bandit to the join between the saddle and it’s rails.
    Not fixed it yet, but at least I now know it’s nothing serious.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Small Wins Thread.’ is closed to new replies.