Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Small things that put you in a good mood
  • Bregante

Nope. But they are electrickerly retractable

senorj

Being on late shift and we’re all having chinese takeaway 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Catching up with social media while sat on the bog at work.

Not done it for ages but dirt jumping when you effortlessly leave the take off ramp and land so gently on the landing ramp you barely feel it.

The thump against your body in the morning when you’re lying in bed which means the dog has jumped up onto the bed and is getting warm.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Coming out of work.
    Doesn’t last long if I know I’m back next morning.

ononeorange

Meeting up with an old friend and picking up exactly where we left off nearly a year ago

DezB
    Free Member

iPod shuffling 3 great tracks in a row on the ride home.

Foals – My Number -> Ripperton – For all The Wrong Reasons ->New Order – Crystal. Happy pedaling 🙂

buzz1024
    Free Member

Dropping the first big fart of the day on the heated leather seat in the car – highly recommended.

toys19
    Free Member

Recovering a stolen bike! 😆

bearnecessities

A clean exit.

Northwind

Dry socks.

Also- that moment when you take your kneepads off after a summer ride and just scraaaaatch.

mattbee

Home: The heated towel rail, especially after a post night ride shower.

Work: A nicely dressed set of knots on a y hang.

beefheart
    Free Member

Being right, when others are wrong.

sobriety
    Free Member

A really good cup of tea.

A nice pie.

A certain young lady, but that’s bittersweet as I’m a week away from being on a different continent to her.

LeeW

A text off a girl I met a few weeks ago is most certainly putting me a fab mood these last few days. 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

When a long standing concern in your life is over. The first few weeks and maybe months when you wake up and remember, then tense up cos it’s how it’s been for ages, then remember that everything is ok now and relax.

It’s like waking up everyday thinking that it’s Monday and finding out that it’s Saturday.

CheesybeanZ

Curry and beer with mates .

chewkw
    Free Member

Clas Ohlson – £7.99 Sunglasses Clip-Ons … this one for my far east travel next month … 😀

Is it in fashion?

fourbanger
    Free Member

Walking along the street, cute girl coming the other way. Eyes meet, give her a smile, cute shy smile back. Think about smashing her back doors in until it happens with the next cute girl walking the other way. Good mood/ lazy lob-on all day 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Seeing a dog with its head poking out the window of a moving car, preferably with its ears flapping a bit.

The smell of rain after it’s been dry for ages

Getting a nice smile from a yummy mummy.

zippykona

Today it would be the sun looking like a red traffic light this morning, that first cuppa, catching a glimpse of Mrs Zip and realising just how gorgeous she is, looking at the lights of London from Epsom Downs, kashima plushness on the downhill , the ease of converting my rear hub to 10mm qr and finally Franziskaner Weissbier.
    Not bad for an average day.

samuri
    Free Member

The smell of rain after it’s been dry for ages
    +1

nicko74

The dog being so excited just that you’ve got home/ just woken up/ sat down on the couch next to it. Even when you’re really pissed off, it’s hard to stay annoyed when something’s so pleased to see you.

A bright sunny day without a cloud in the sky. Summer/ winter/ somewhere in between, doesn’t really matter once the sun hits your face

binners

Watching United win in Europe to finish top of the group, and through to the knock-out stages

😀

PMK2060

Bouncing boobies 🙂

slackalice
    Free Member

Watching United win in Europe to finish top of the group, and through to the knock-out stages

FTFY 😉

proutster
    Free Member

Inquisitive calves in fields, I think they’re as cute as anything.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The second half mile of my commute has me wander along the edge of the Thames in Abingdon.
    Mist rolling off the meadows on to the river backlit by the sun and then an eight plows out of the mist.

Magic. And +1 to dogs in cars. And cats and laser pointers.

binners

Pretty much covers it fella! Just thought I’d embellish it so sound slightly less relieved. Phew 😉

somafunk

Heading out for a pootle round the town/forest/riverbank with “Tobe’s”, he’s only got short legs so runs out of Ooomph after 5 miles but he goes nuts when i turn up on my bike (he belongs to good friends but he thinks he’s my dog) and just loves a bike run. Not done much proper biking this year as i rarely get a day off and on the rare occasions when i did have a day to myself i i choose to take him out rather than go on a proper ride as i swear he grins the entire time we are out – puts me in a good mood 😀 .

And here’s one of his reindeer costume from last xmas, this year he has an elf outfit.

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

A cold Erdinger;
    A successful repair job with no glitches;
    The companionship of my mental Springer!

khani
    Free Member

My two headed cat..

brooess
    Free Member

1. Threads like this, reminding us of all the positive things in life (usually the most simple)
    2. Time with good friends, just having a good chat
    3. Autumn riding – the colours and the light make you sooo glad to be out in it, instead of in a car/house/train

CountZero

Great thread. 😀
    Soma, the dog in the reindeer outit is wonderful, best thing I’ve seen in ages!

emsz – Member
    iPod shuffle when it plays the right songs in the right order.

I always have my phone or pod on shuffle, and it makes me smile every time I get several versions of the same song, by different artists, back-to-back, best one was three versions of one song, followed by two of another.
    Autumn light
    Watching a red kite flying
    Hearing a skylark singing it’s little head off on a warm sunny day
    Hearing swifts screaming as they chase each other on warm summer evenings
    Watching the wind ripple corn or grass fields

somafunk

He gets dressed up quite a fair bit as my mates have a 5yr old son who is going through a superhero phase at the moment so he gets to dress up as Batman and the dog gets to be Robin 😀 , i’ll try and get round to theirs to take a pic of his new Elf costume……for a Jack Russell/farm collie cross (possible?) he has the patience of a saint but he does grumble and sigh a lot.

Bunnyhop

Seeing the birds on our feeder.

Going out for a ride/walk and spotting some wildlife that has no idea you are watching it.

When mr bh gets onto my side of the bed on a cold winters night and warms it up for me, while I’m faffing with beauty creams and such.

mos

Sitting in the dentists chair when he diagnoses my latest denture disaster and the brain numbing pain just slowly drifts away, bliss. Roll on my 9.10 appointment tomorrow.
    My daughters laugh.
    And the way my girlfriend arches her back just ‘so’ without even realising she does it.

jekkyl

when you’re out in the country on a bike or walking and you say hello to a person and they say hello back. Ok, any random stranger saying hello, wherever it is, is always brightening.

Houns

The time of the year when you first smell freshly cut grass, a sign that spring/summer is on its way

singletrackmind

Spotting a Barn Owl hunting on my way to work
    Dancing with my colleague like loons probably for no apparent reason, or after a ‘win’ over something/ someone. neither of us can dance .
    Biffy Clyro ( early stuff ) played at a slightly too loud level whlist shopping , especially hateful xmas shopping. makes it less painfull.

IA

When a work colleague randomly announced “there’s a big box of donuts in the coffee room. Help yourself. I decided the weathers been crap for a while so everyone needs donuts”

Nice gesture, cost him only a few quid and cheered up everyone’s day.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Small things that put you in a good mood’ is closed to new replies.