Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Small things that have cheered you up slightly today
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Seeing geese fly overhead in a V formation, all squawking with excitement.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I found Mrs Crimble’s bakewell slices in the shop. Used to be able to find them everywhere but seem to be in short supply now.

TimP
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out in the papers for Dr Death’s clinic. But I think Shipman had that idea a while ago?

kayak23

I found two lickle frogs and held them in my hand for a little bit. They leapt and breathed and that…
    😀

matt_outandabout

The sunny walk home.

Woody
    Free Member

Got my old Saab back from the garage after 2 days while the owner tried to sort out steering vibration and auto box not being ‘quite right’!

He’d resealed and balanced a wheel, swapped the backs to the front and had the gearbox open to double check all was ok before changing the oil………………. That’ll be £23 please 😀

jam-bo

Looking through ride london photos and remembering just how bonkers the weather got.

beej

Bloke left my team today – I’d arranged his present of 20 assorted beers and a couple of books about trail/ultra running.

He gave me a bottle of homemade limoncello in return.

rabyoung
    Free Member

Sittiing outside at Tebay North on the M6 and I heard a plane approaching. Got a head-on view of a Tornado at 300 ft tuning right over my head, wings extended, stunning sight and sound!

MoreCashThanDash

Discovering that the nicely spoken lady holding ap’s hand while he had laser eye surgery was probably MrsMC’s mate who we are staying with on Sunday night! 😆

PiknMix
    Free Member

I found Mrs Crimble’s bakewell slices in the shop. Used to be able to find them everywhere but seem to be in short supply now.

Sainsbury’s in the free from section, everyone else seems to have dropped them 🙁

makkag
    Free Member

cutting my sky bill in half and gaining fibe broadband in the process – by bye multi room HD and Sports :}

timber

Couldn’t help but laugh after a cow nearly took the Land Rover door off.
    Just about managed to shut it so that I didn’t fall out during my snooze on the way back to the yard.

muggomagic

Local one-stop doing 3 x 660ml bottles of Peroni for £5, unfortunately they weren’t chilled, the guy behind the counter gave me a tip that if I wrapped the bottles in wet kitchen roll and stuck them in the freezer they’d be chilled in a matter of minutes. Bloody well worked too.

AdamW
    Free Member

Got my cholesterol check after 3 months on statins. Gone from 8.0 to 4.7. Am well chuffed. Best its been in about 20 years. 😀

binners

The wildlife programme on BBC1 just showed someone pushing a wheelbarrow full of baby orang utans. 😀

overbikedagain
    Free Member

I took the long way home thru the pentlands and ended up crushing thru the meadows counting yoga pant clad students….was a nice spin…

Royston
    Free Member

I recieved a smile/like on my internet dating profile. My expectations of this type of thing are no longer very high even so we ended up having a chat which was a welome distraction.

nickdavies

Local one-stop doing 3 x 660ml bottles of Peroni for £5, unfortunately they weren’t chilled, the guy behind the counter gave me a tip that if I wrapped the bottles in wet kitchen roll and stuck them in the freezer they’d be chilled in a matter of minutes. Bloody well worked too.

This tip has made my day!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Made a new friend in Wentwood forest today. Black lab followed me from one end of the woods to the other – when I realised he wasn’t going back I had to call the number on his collar. Cue a rather lengthy slog back up the DH track to find his owner. Cheers for the company Monty! 😀

yunki
    Free Member

My oldest lad absolutely having a ball on his first excursion to the big pool at the local swimming baths..
    Squid and octopus ‘salad’ from the fishmongers..
    A chance conversation yesterday leading to the unerringly pleasant and cheerful young lad from the corner shop taking over my girlfriend’s flat when she moved out today..

yunki
    Free Member

oh and… err not today but a couple of nights ago, I bought this suit

plop_pants
    Free Member

Met the pilot of this beautiful old thing, a BE-2C and he kindly
    wheeled it out of the hanger just so I could get some photos!

garage-dweller

I did the nursery and school holiday club run this morning. Both boys were brilliant for their poor old dad who had got in from a gig /live band at 1245 this morning. Even alcohol free less than six hours sleep was not the freshest of starts!

passtherizla
    Free Member

After having 0 interest in my rocket I decided to keep it… Few tweeks and some new cranks and it’s brilliant. Completely forgot why I wanted to sell it. Ace.

DavidB
    Free Member

Had chocolate milkshake for lunch

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve realised if I pay 1.49 a month and change my username to enis I’ll giggle every time I post.

Caher

went for a late evening run around a nice lake.

1-shed
    Free Member

Phone call from the bike shop to say its ready.

Whydot

Won £100 on a scratch card and colonoscopy confirmed I don’t have Crohn’s disease! And I’m off work tomorrow! It’s turning into a good week.

winch
    Free Member

6 beers and a G&T.

nuke

Cycled passed Honeysuckle Bottom Sawmill (Effingham Forest in Surrey Hills)and they have finally cleared the asbestos contaminated pile of rubbish near the entrance that’s been there for months with warning tape all over it 😀

rOcKeTdOg

I made Swiss roll for the 1st time today & it was edible!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Knocked off work at 10pm and will be in Weymouth for 5 days playing before going back.

poltheball
    Free Member

Going walking in Snowdonia all of next week, staying in a youth hostel.

Just realised it’s Thursday, proper looking forward to it now! Half day at work tomorrow before the train down 😀

DezB
    Free Member

I made Swiss roll for the 1st time today & it was edible!

Yeah! I thought that was you on the Great British Bake Off! 😀

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Passed an ECG test. Better than that – the nurse was fun and a bit rude.

theotherjonv

All nurses are a bit rude. fact.

Pigface
    Free Member

Seeing a bedraggled buzzard sat in a tree drying out after a downpour 😆 wings half stretched out looking very very pissed off.

Just made me smile 😀

stealthcat

Phonecall from a very helpful man at HMRC (yes, such people do exist!) telling me that they have sorted out the tax refund which went to the wrong bank details and I should get it next week. Plus compensation from HMRC and my bank for the fact it’s taken 3 months to work out what happened to the money…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Small things that have cheered you up slightly today’ is closed to new replies.