Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Small tablet or big phone?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I’d like to get something that’s fairly portable – ideally with a SIM card slot – don’t mind Android or Windows or even iOS although would prefer not to play Apple prices so that option might be out. Needs to be a reasonable screen size but not so big it’s not portable

wwaswas

My Sony Z phone is fine for pretty much all browsing, apps etc – certainly better than the iPhone 4 it replaced in terms of screen size.

Having recently got the Sony z2 10.1″ tablet I’d be tempted to look at one of the mini-tablets if I was buying for both portability and apps etc – the larger screen makes life a lot less fiddly to use.

ampthill

I’m a happy Samsung Note user here. I think the screen is about 5.5 inches. I also have lieing round the living room a nexus 7 and a original 10 inch ipad.

If i need more screen size i reach for the ipad. The Nexus doesn’t give enough extra area to be worth bothering with

The note phone is cheap if its a phone and a tablet but expensive to own alongside a smaller phone

I bought mine used in good nick off ebay for £185. There is a steady supply as people get contract upgrades

My sim is 3 321 pay as you go ad I’m saving alot buy not having a contract and a new phone

scandal42
    Free Member

I loved my Galaxy Note 2 until it was nicked.

toby1

What do you have, or are likely to have in the future, what do you want to use it for?

I have a Nexus 4 phone and a Nexus 7 tab, the tab is wifi only and can be tethered to the phone if I need to. The tab is better for browsing and using the Kindle app, has a lovely screen and feel far far lighter than the ipad (10″) for holding for long periods. Text is generally easy to read on sites, but if not can be magnified with ease.

Conversely the Nexus phone is very good at anything you ask of it really. So again, it depends if you are just looking for a single device or have a specific use in mind – sorry that’s not much of an answer is it 🙂

Flaperon

Lumia 1520?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Small tablet or big phone?’ is closed to new replies.