Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Small Swivel Clamps
  • simonbea
    Free Member

Little random, I’m starting a little project to make my own light fixture which will be on some metal rods. These will be around 6mm or so and I want to be able to adjust the angle between them, so I need some fixings that can adjust.

I’ve been searching for a while around the term of ‘swivel clamp’ ‘adjustable clamp’, ‘swivel post clamp’ , ‘pivot…’ etc but really struggling to find anything for that rough diameter. Lots on google images, but hard to find places that actually sell them. Its similar to the sought of thing you would have used in science lessons on a stand to hold things over the bunsen burners or the fixings for scaffolding albeit a lot smaller. Am I searching for the right thing? I found some similar clamps for DSLRs which are big bucks, this only needs to be cheap and cheerful. Anyone got and advise about where I could be looking or searching for?

Thanks

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ignore that, that is one item, not two side by side

Depending on the dia. you’re after i just got some cable bobbins from project 76 which might do the job?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Try rod clamps from shop fitting suppliers.

Cable Mounted Display Kits, Display Pockets Clamps & Accessories

Might be able to use parts from DTI stand or lab stand.

simonbea
    Free Member

Photo was just to give an idea, this one below is a little less industrial but 33 dollars!

neilwheel
    Free Member

You could make something similar to that from armoured cable cleats, don’t think they go down to 6mm though, probably 8mm would be the smallest.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIZE-3-5-7-9-ELECTRICAL-CABLE-CLEATS-SWA-ARMOURED-CLIPS-HEAVY-DUTY-FIXING-CLAMPS-/181379970588?var=&hash=item2a3b16b61c:g:4ZsAAMXQyY1TSO4e

simonbea
    Free Member

dangeourbrain – cable bobbins, would never have found that. looks quite a neat option, they aren’t cheap though!

Neilwheel – thanks for that link, £3.24 was closer to where i was aiming!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

^^^ 12 actually gets you three bobbins, they’re printed to order apparently so i imagine could do all 4 5 or 6mm halves on request.

I’d not have found them either but for a previous post here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Small Swivel Clamps’ is closed to new replies.