Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • small piece copper plating – know anyone who does it?
  • nedrapier

I’ve got a pewter headbadge I want copper plated, but struggling to find the right kind of outfit on google.

Anyone know anyone who can do this sort of thing? I know there are a few metal working types on here. Fingers crossed!

Cougar

Jar of copper sulphate and a battery?

kayak23

Quite a lot of places in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham if you search.
    Also, perhaps try the Birmingham school of jewellery. I have some colleagues who get stuff done by them now and again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nedrapier

Cheers guys.

Cougar, I did look long and hard at doing it myself, got as far as buying copper sulphate. Trouble is, it’s quite easy to do badly, and a lot harder to do well. Need to get into additives, pre-treatment and a decent, controllable power supply at the least.

I’m nowhere near Brum, but I’ve got a mate in London in jewelry, so I’ll try him. And there’s a friend of a fiend on fb who makes jewelry, so she’s on the list too.

Anyone else with any thoughts? Thanks.

maccruiskeen

look up ‘metal finishers’ on Yell.com and see who comes up close to you

nedrapier

cheers mac – there’s a eff ton of them! I was just looking for the wrong thing. might take a bit of ringing round to find someone who’ll do a small bit for cheap.

unovolo
    Free Member

Pretty much anywhere doing Chrome plating should do this, as most metal is played with copper first, prior to plating with Nickel/Chrome.

scruff9252

Has anyone had their bike frme copper plated? Looks like it could look pretty smart.

nedrapier

yup, stick “copper plated bike frame” into google image search.

all sorts on there, sublime and ridiculous.

slackalice
    Free Member

Jonnyboy666 of retro bike and here had his Demon 29r copper plated and bloody lovely it looks too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘small piece copper plating – know anyone who does it?’ is closed to new replies.