Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Small petrol inverter generator – recommendations?
  • gearsrgood

After one of the above for camping trips / day van duties .
    Enough to drive small 500w oil radiator , led
    Lights and charge phone etc .
    Any thoughts ?

jonnyboi

Lidl does a parkside one for roughly £125. Just need to keep an eye out for it

maccruiskeen

I’ve got one of the bigger ‘Impax’ ones from screwfix – its a 2.5kw one so prob a bit bigger than you want but they do smaller versions. Been very happy with it so far and theirs were the cheapest inverter generators on the market at the time.

That said – my motivation for getting an inverter generator is for use with electronics where the device relies on a proper sine wave to function correctly (even my circular saw won’t behave with the square wave that that conventional generators create) but even with that being the case some phone chargers don’t behave properly when plugged into it

Enough to drive small 500w oil radiator

A generator seems a very noisy and inefficient way to supply heat though – burning fuel to create heat to power a motor to drive a dynamo to create electricity so that a radiator can turn that electricity back into heat again. Surely a little gas heater of some sort would be cheaper and quieter. The rest of those things don’t need a generator – a drill driver battery with a USB adaptor would cover most of that

trail_rat
    Free Member

Don’t expect to park near anyone with any generator running. Even very expensive 4stk Honda’s are still noisy as sin.

We have a sanli 69cc 2stk

It powers all the 12v and 4 * 240v circuits on my van. How ever most of the time we don’t even carry it due to solar.

We run a gas truma heater – a far better prospect for heating especially the cost of a decent generator and you don’t feel guilty running it in the company of others.

Will enjoy the use of my Genny at the strathpuffer though during 18hrs of darkness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Small petrol inverter generator – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.