Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Small head – what helmet?
  • ajantom

Considering I’m 6ft, and have what my wife charitably calls ‘a big face’, I actually have a surprisingly small head – about 54cm

I have to buy S/M (54-56cm) helmets and have the adjusters at the back nearly fully tight, and they still don’t fit properly! As my head seems to to be quite narrow at the top, I find that having the rear adjusters tight tends to give me a headache as it’s gripping on the back of the head to stay on.

The only helmet I own which actually fits ok is an Urge Enduromatic, which is fine in winter, but far too hot if it’s above about 5-6 degrees. Oh yes, I also sweat a lot, so need plenty of vents 😆

Any advice on which brands fit people of a small-headed persuasion well?

richmtb

I’m similarly pinheaded

Bell Super is a good fit.

Have use Small Specialized helmets in the past and they’ve also fitted well

papercutout
    Free Member

As above, I’ve got a little head – I wear an XS in most motorbike helmets, my Bell Super2 in S is spot on.

mark90
    Free Member

Another small head here using a Bell Super 2 in small.

jamiep
    Free Member

Pinheaded. I only have Giro in various road and MTB types

maccruiskeen

BBW are good for smaller sizes

lovewookie

recently bought a small Xar off CRC, says it’s up to 55cm, I’m probably on the limit really, normally fit 56’s.

Anyway, low profile, so does a good job of making your head look relatively normal and not one of mario’s mates.

£30 is a bargain too.

slowoldman

I found Urge didn’t fit my tiny head but POC go smaller and fit nicely.

woody74

Giro I find are too round a shape for me. Try Specialized as they seem the best

sandwicheater

Always had a small Giro but found it was never just right.

Recently tried and subsequently purchased a S/M iXS trail rs helmet. Can’t recommend it enough, great fit for the walnut brain crew.

nickc

I’ve a Troy Lee A1 and it’s a perfect fit on my teeny bonce, fails on venting front though, as it’s quite warm

Burchy1
    Free Member

Oi peanut head, how about this?

MIPS peanut sized helmet

nedrapier

I’ve got a small head, but it turns out it’s long and narrow, (yes, a bit like the Alien alien)

Just had to try on a whole bunch. Spesh fits well enough, and Smith and Sweet for ski/snowboard helmets.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Small head – what helmet?’ is closed to new replies.